Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Day

True to form, our kids were up at the crack of dawn. No, not even dawn. It was definitely still dark outside when they woke up and started going through their stockings. They are crazy! But I really can't blame them because I was the same way as a child. I have always loved stockings. It's my favorite part about Christmas. So I love that my kids are so excited to go through their stockings. 
Tanner and Bailey were up first. Then Tucker woke up and eventually Benson woke. 
By the time Benson woke up, it was nearly dawn. So we let the kids start on their presents. 
But before we could do the presents we had first find the Christmas pickle so we could see who got to open the first present. Tanner found the pickle AGAIN. He found it last year too. 
So Tanner got to open the first present. Oh also, this year I set up my tripod so that I could actually be in the pictures and then I set the timer so it would take pictures throughout the morning.
I love that I caught Tanner's face. He was so excited when he opened his game boy. He couldn't stop grinning. It was awesome.
The camera caught a few cute moments during the morning. I definitely loved be able to be present instead of hiding out behind the camera the whole time. 
Another awesome reaction from Tanner when he opened his Harry Potter "Wizard's Chess". 






Bailey was so thrilled about her Easy Bake Oven. She couldn't stop smiling. 

And Tucker with his paw patrol obsession. He was so excited each time he opened a present. He had a very good Christmas. So many smiles from that boy. 
Even Benson loved Tucker's Paw Patrol gifts.  Benson also loved his baby stroller and back pack full of balls. 

The kids got so many great gifts, they were so thrilled. It was a great Christmas morning.
The biggest surprise of course was when the kids opened a small cruise ship christmas tree ornament. There was a note with a picture of our actual cruise ship that said "WE ARE GOING ON A CRUISE". I was able to record their reactions and it was so fun. They are so excited. We aren't going on the cruise until October but we are all so excited!


After we finished with presents, Daddy made breakfast while I cleaned up and gathered our stuff to head to Mtn. Home. 
We hit the road around 10:30 am and arrive in Mtn Home around 1:30. We immediately started opening presents with the cousins, aunts and uncles, and Nanny and Papa.
Aunt Laura was visiting from Japan, Uncle Joseph and Aunt Julieta and their boys were there too. The Allreds were in Utah and Uncle David and Aunt Michelle were in CA.
The kids loved their gifts from Nanny and Papa. 
Benson got a toy shopping cart, 
Tucker got a paw patrol toy, Bailey got a double stroller for her American Girl dolls
And Tanner got some more star wars legos. 
Then the kids opened a gift from Aunt Laura full of all sorts of fun toys and crafts from Japan. So cool. 
Last but not least, Nanny and Papa opened their gift from all of us. They loved their canvas of the grand kids and them in their Christmas pjs. 

We had a delicious dinner of prime rib, rolls, salad and potatoes. It was all delicious and after dinner we just hung out, playing and enjoying each other until bedtime.
I can hardly believe Christmas is over.
I feel this way every year, but it still stinks. I wish it could last more than one day. 
We will be in Mtn. Home for a couple more days before heading back home to enjoy the rest of our break. 


No comments:

Post a Comment