Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Nanny's LIFE SAVING Visit

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am to my Mom. She's the greatest and I wouldn't have survived the last two weeks without her. I really don't think I would have made it. Nanny left this morning and I cried my eyes out. Chris is back at work (he only took three days off- two of those days we were in the hospital) and I am super nervous to be home with all four kids. But thanks to my mom, I'm well rested and I will just take it one day at a time. 

We had so much fun with Nanny while she was here taking care of all of us. We went to "National Donut Day" and got free donuts at Krispy Kreme.  
On another day we went to the Museum of Native American History together. This place was so cool. We had a great time learning all about the Native Americans and searching for our souvenir arrowheads. 
The kids spent lots of time with Nanny playing and reading together. Nanny brought a "survival kit" with her. Inside this kit were treats, activities, coloring books, puzzles and more. She came super prepared and the kids loved it. 
The kids also spent lots of time playing in the backyard together.
They really love playing superheroes and it cracked us up.
One day Nanny I watched the kids play through the dining room windows while we took turns snuggling Benson.
These superheroes had so much fun together. I love that they include Tucker and happily play all together. 


We watched tv, ate yummy food and and really enjoyed our time with Nanny.
One day she brought home sushi for all of us. Tanner was soo excited. It was adorable.
These kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful Nanny. 

I'm completely terrified to be home alone with my four kids without help, but I'm grateful for all the time I had with my Mom. I will always cherish the memories we made. While Chris was gone for drill, Nanny and I would stay up and watch TV together and talk.
My mom was constantly letting me go back to bed and nap while she kept the kids happy. She would bring me Chick-Fil-A and let me eat in my room in peace. She kept me from getting too exhausted and was always looking for ways to help. She's so great. So THANK YOU Nanny for everything. I hope to one day be half the mother you are! 


No comments:

Post a Comment