Monday, June 5, 2017

Bailey's Dance Recital

Tonight was Bailey's dance recital. I'm not going to lie, I'm very happy this is over. I always get so stressed before her recitals. I worry she will forget her dances, I stress over gathering all her stuff and I stress over getting her hair and makeup done right. The prep work is just not fun for me. 
But I do love watching my girl dance. 
We have sure enjoyed working with the "Williams Dance Center" the last two years. 
Bailey's class opened the recital with their Ballet number. They did such a great job and it was so sweet. My eyes were definitely watering as I held back tears. Bailey is just getting so big and I need her to stop growing up!

I just love how she is so careful about her form. 


Then about 2/3 the way through the recital, Bailey's class performed their tap number. This was a song called  "Undercover Agent" and it was super sassy and fun. Do you love their black sneaksuits? So fun!


After the recital Bailey was met with hugs and kisses from a ton of family. Chris, Nanny and Benson came from our family. Aunt Sarah and Hazel came and brought her flowers. Stephanie and Blake came again this year and brought her flowers as well. And Bailey's cute little bestie, Chloe and her mom Tori, came to support her as well. 
Bailey loves to get flowers. I think the bouquets of flowers might be the only real reason she does dance. Here she is hugging her cousins and accepting their flowers. So cute!
It was so sweet to have so much family and friends there. Bailey is a lucky little girl!
Nanny was still staying at our house after Benson's birth and it worked out perfectly that she got to come to Bailey's recital this year. 

We sure love our girl and we are so proud of her courage and determination. 
I don't think we will do dance in the Fall. Bailey really wants to try gymnastics. I think it will be good for her muscle development and core strength but I will miss seeing her dance. Maybe we will go back to dance again later, but for now it's goodbye dance and hello gymnastics!


No comments:

Post a Comment