Friday, October 16, 2015

Parent Observation Day at Explore and Discover

Today I got to go to preschool with Bailey for about an hour. I did this last year with Tanner and this year was equally adorable. I really love this preschool and the teachers. They are amazing and Bailey loves going. She actually would love to go every single day of the week if she was able.
 
So we got to school, washed our hands and then we headed over to the rug for morning buckets. This what the kids do while they wait for everyone to arrive and get settled each morning.
Then we sang some songs, read a book and talked about the days of the week.
Bailey was listening very intently.
After that it was time to split up for either "centers" or craft time. Bailey decided she wanted to make the craft- which was a crow - after the lesson about scarecrows and crows.
She worked very carefully on her craft.
And was very proud of the finished product.
Bailey loves to do the crafts and I get a little project in her folder almost every day after school. Tanner never wanted to slow down long enough to make a craft, so this is a fun treat for me.
Then we moved on to puzzles. Bailey loves puzzles and asks to do them at home nearly every day, so this center was not a shock to me.
The last center we went to before I left was the dollhouse. She was very excited to show me the dollhouse with the dolls and dresses.

It was so fun to see Bailey in her little environment and to see her so comfortable.
 I'm beyond grateful for the amazing teachers that work to make each child feel loved and special. Bailey loves her teachers and loves going to school. I'm grateful for that, its one less battle I have to fight with her and I can definitely appreciate that. I can't get over how old Bailey is getting. It's so fun to see her learn and grow, I just wish she would slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment