Saturday, October 31, 2015

Happy Halloween from Wonderland!

Happy Halloween from Wonderland. I love the theme this year and I'm so happy the kids do too. They were very excited when we finally picked a theme. I showed the kids the movie "Alice in Wonderland" in September to test the water and see if they even liked it. They LOVED it. So I started working on costumes. I love how it came together!
I really love this man of mine. He's pretty much the most amazing sport. Can you believe he wore this for me???  He even wore it to work for the company party. I love him! So here we are as "Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum"
Tucker was basically the cutest "White Rabbit" known to mankind.
Seriously his little pink nose kills me. SO CUTE.
The best part about his costume??? He loved wearing it! He kept the ears and glasses on all night. Everyone was drooling over him. It was pretty adorable.



Onto Miss Bailey,  she was our "Alice" and she loved the way she looked. She watched me make her dress and asked daily if it was finished so she could wear it. She loved her tutu skirt and her apron. She loved her "Alice shoes" and her black hair bow. She loved it all.


Can you tell she loved how she looked??
Last, but not least, was my handsome "Mad Hatter". Tanner loved his hat. Really, he loved it.
He loved his yellow blazer too. I had to dye it to get it to the mustard yellow color and when he saw it finished and dried he was so happy. It was hysterical. I secretly (or maybe not so secretly) love that my kids adore theme costumes as much as I do and they totally get into character each year.
Love this kid!
We went to our ward "Trunk-or-Treat" at 4 pm today. The kids got way too much candy.
Tucker loved running free around the parking lot and getting candy from everyone he saw.
Aren't these two guys adorable?
Here we are in the costume parade. We actually won the  "Best Family Theme" award and got a $10 gift card to "Coldstone".Which basically makes all my hard work on these costumes WELL WORTH IT.  We've won this award for the past three years but never has the award been so worth it. I'm very excited to use that gift card.
After our church party we grabbed some cheeseburgers and then headed out to go trick-or-treating. We just did our street and a couple streets near us. The kids got so much candy and they loved knocking on the doors. Tucker basically tried to manhandle his way into any house that had a dog inside. He's obsessed with dogs. It was so funny. He eventually got demoted to the stroller since he couldn't be trusted.
But the kids had a great time trick-or-treating and we got home in time to hand out candy at our door- which may have been the highlight of the kids' night. They loved it.
It was a great Halloween and the kids are already asking what we will dress up as next year.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment