Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Vacation in Mountain Home

We spent the week after Christmas in Mountain Home visiting with my family. Uncle David had driven over from Colorado and Aunt Laura was home from BYU. It was so fun. Although we missed Aunt Sarah, Uncle Johnny and Maxers. 
There was a lot of time spent in the bounce house.

Sure loves these two crazies of mine. 
And Tucker kept trying to figure out how to crawl. He succeeded in learning to scoot forward and he's really good at scooting backwards.  
Tanner also took Bailey on lots of rides on the gator. He got so good at driving it and Bailey loved it. 
Here is one of her just grinning and as her brother drives her around. 
Laura and I went to see "Into the Woods" together one night. It was fun to spend some one-on-one time with her. Love that sister of mine.
And I met these oldies but goodies for lunch one day. We ended up at Sonic for old time's sake and had to document the event. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years since I graduated from high school. Crazy. 

 I also got to get together with two of my best girlfriends from high school. Adrian brought her three girls over and Jaime met us at my parents house too. We went to dinner together and got to chat and catch up. So fun!
While I was gone to dinner, this little man got to try spaghetti for the first time. He apparently loved it and ate sooo much. 
Tucker also enjoyed nightly snuggles with Nanny. Each night she would give him his bottle and then rock him to sleep. They both fully enjoyed it. 
Tucker doesn't let me rock him to sleep anymore. He just wants to be put into his crib and left alone to fall asleep on his own terms. But he loved rocking with his Nanny, so this was a rare treat for both of them. 
Nanny and Papa bought some new toys for the basement and they staggered the opening of those gifts so that we opened one almost every day. These hippity hops were a big hit. 

My kids were way better at these things than I was. I seriously don't know how they don't fall off more often. I couldn't stay on mine. 
Love this pic of Tanner. 
Another big hit were these "squigz". They are so fun. Little suction cup toys that stick together so you can build stuff. Tanner loved these. 
Papa and Tanner happily played with these together more than once.

We had a great Christmas vacation in Mountain Home, but I think the kids were ready to get back to their beds and their toys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment