Saturday, August 6, 2011

Fun with Tanner Week

Monday, August 1st was the beginning of our "Fun With Tanner" Week. Each day I planned something especially fun for Tanner and I to do together. Since I was expecting to be induced on Wed August 10th, we were trying to get some quality Tanner time in while we had the chance.
Day 1:
We started off the week with a movie marathon inside a blanket fort. (Marathon meaning about 30 mins) First we built our blanket fort. Tanner loved helping me drag the chairs across the room to build the fort. Then we hauled every pillow we owned into the fort to lay on and tossed the couch cushions down there for padding. We popped our popcorn and grabbed our raisinets and then started the movie Tanner chose. Tanner loved having the huge bowl of popcorn next to him and he loved having his own box of candy.


He snuggled up next to me and together we watched the first 30 minutes of "Mulan". I'd say day 1 was a huge success- I got lots of Tanner snuggles and we discovered a new "special treat" (blanket forts) to use as incentives or rewards for Tanner.
Our "BIG BLANKET FORT"- well it was big to Tanner


Day 2:
Lucky for me- this day was also "Park Pride Day" and therefore the activity I had planned turned out to be free. Tanner and I picked up Uncle David and headed over to the city pool to swim. With it being SOO HOT here, there aren't many things we can do outside, but Tanner LOVES the pool. We played until Tanner decided he was ready to go and then hit up Sonic's "Happy Hour" to get drinks. Tanner had his first slushy. Very exciting stuff for our little man.
Swimmin' at the pool


Tanner and his slushy


Day 3:
We woke up early and ate breakfast and then headed to the park. We had to get there early because we were trying to beat the heat. We succeded and Tanner had a blast. We went to the big kid park and he loved that he could climb on everything. Then we headed over to the library for story time. Tanner loves the library because they have children's computers that he can play on without fear of breaking the keyboards or anything. I love the library because we get to look at new books and it has AC.
Loves the swings

He kept "ROARing" at the dinosaur



Unfortunately, "Fun with Tanner Week" ended here because I went into labor when we got home from the library. We didn't get to have our Jaccuzi bath day or the arcade/game room and pizza day but we did get a new baby- so I guess it was a good deal. Tanner spent Wednesday and Thursday with my Mom while we were at the hospital. She brought him over to meet Bailey Wednesday night and then again Thursday morning and afternoon. Now we are all home together and life is GOOD! I'm really glad we atleast started "Fun with Tanner Week" because I had so much fun with my little man. He's getting so big and it was fun to spoil him and spend just mommy and Tanner time together.
He is such a sweet little boy and I'm so glad I get to be his mom


I'll post about Baby Bailey soon.

2 comments:

  1. you're seriously such a good mom! and you and chris sure do make cute kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun. Glad you and Tanner got to spend some time together before Bailey got here. I'm sure he's having fun with his sister though.

    ReplyDelete