Saturday, August 20, 2011

Now to the lake we go...

Yesterday we headed out to Bull Shoals lake for some much needed time on the water and time in the sun. Of course, having just had baby 2 1/2 weeks ago- I declined the chance to ski and tube. One good tumble and I'd be done for...
Here is Tanner with Chris at the boat dock before taking off.

Anyway-- Mom and I held down the fort on the beach. Tanner and Chris took off on the boat and Tanner thoroughly enjoyed helping Papa drive the boat around the Lake.
(Even though you can't tell from this picture- he loved it. He was mad that I made him look at me for a picture- all he wanted to do was steer the boat)

Tanner even took a turn tubing with Chris- although the water was a little choppy- I'm not sure how much he enjoyed it. He tolerated it though...
(Sorry these pictures aren't the best- it was really rough water)



Meantime, Bailey and I hung out with Nanny on shore and soaked up the sun. Well Bailey didn't see the sun that much but she did get out of her carseat for a bit.
Bailey and I at the lake... I LOVE HER LITTLE SWIM SUIT!!!


Bailey in her suit


When the first group of boaters came back Tanner and Chris got of the boat and hung out on shore with us. Correction- Tanner was carried off the boat because he was out like a light. The rocking of the boat was just enough to lull him to sleep. We made him a little bed out of a floatie and he slept for about 40 mins like this...

Then we had lunch and let Tanner play in the lake.

After about 4 hours we headed home. We were all tired and ready for naps. Later that night we went to Nanny and Papa's for bar-b-q pork and hung out with the family.
It was a great Saturday and it was so fun to get to be out enjoying the beautiful lakes.

1 comment: