Sunday, July 31, 2011

Baby Shower, Pool, Ice Cream and Bubble Baths

Life has been pretty busy around here lately as we try to finish getting ready for this baby to come. Busy- but WAY FUN. Tanner has been SO GOOD these last few days. Maybe its all the extra attention he's getting, but whatever it is- ITS WORKING. He's been a gem.
On Thursday, my good friend Leslie Kingrey, threw me a baby shower. My mom hosted it at her house and we had a great time. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! This little girl is totally set in the way of clothes now. SO MUCH CUTE PINK STUFF!!! The shower was a lot of fun and I think everyone had a great time.
Here are a few pics.
Decorations




Leslie and my Mom

Me, my Mom and my sisters (Minus a much missed Sarah)

Goofing off before the present-opening started

Lovin' the PINK

The awesome photo book Julieta made! She's amazing!

Kind of a group shot


Then on Friday, Tanner and I met some friends (Amy Murphy and Sandy Taylor) at the pool. These girls are twin sisters who I've known pretty much my entire life and it was so fun to see them again- since it doesn't happen near enough!
Tanner in a life jacket in the big boy pool

After the pool, I took Tanner to get an ice cream cone from DQ. It was a huge cone and he finished the entire thing. Needless to say, he didn't eat much dinner that night. But it was fun to spoil him and he pictures make it totally worthwhile. Seriously- even covered in ice cream he's cute.



Saturday Chris and I decided to load up with Tanner and drive up to Springfield. We stopped in Harrison and Branson on the way and I got some more last minute baby things. We took Tanner to his first "Play Place" at McDonalds. I don't have any pictures because my brother had borrowed my camera, but just know Tanner had a blast!

Then today Tanner finally graduated from bath time in the sink at Nanny and Papa's to bath time in the tub. Not just any tub though. Clark and Tanner got to take a bath in the jacuzzi. It was awesome. When we turned the jets on we almost lost Tanner in all the bubbles. He loved it! Clark was safe in his Uncle David's arms. He wasn't crazy about all the bubbles, but he was a good sport.
They played for almost an hour in there and when it was time to get out, Tanner said a tearful goodbye to the bubbles. "Bye Bye Bubbles"
I'm pretty sure he will never be able to take a bath in the sink again- I mean really- you can't go back to the sink after having a jacuzzi bath.
Love these two little backsides.


Love this little face



Covered in Bubbles- Where is Tanner?


Pretty much- I'm SOOO ready to have this baby. But until she decides to come- I'm spending all my time enjoying my little boy. I'm worried about both of us- and how we are going to handle sharing the attention. Tanner has been the center of my universe for so long- its going to take some major getting use to. So until that time- he will continue to be the center of my universe- and we are dedicating the next week to "FUN FOR TANNER". Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. I so wish I could have been at your shower! It looks like it was a huge success. And oh my gosh, I love the boys in the tub! Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This bath was sooo much fun
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love labor stories and yours was so fun to read I stopped 3/4ths thru and started over reading it aloud to Don. I laughed out loud at the "simmer" part. What in the world was the Dr. Thinking??? You have two beautiful children and I known you will enjoy them immensely!

    ReplyDelete