Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Puppy Paw-ty!

Happy Birthday to my little man!!!
I can't believe my Tanner is TWO! The past two years have absolutely FLOWN by. It kind of breaks my heart to know that he's no longer my baby- he such a little boy now. He acts like a little boy- playing with dirt, splashing in puddles, taking toys apart just to see how they work, cars, trucks, tractors, puppies...he is just a little man now. I have a feeling I'm going to really have a hard time when he starts kindergarten. I miss my baby- but I'm thoroughly enjoying this new stage of life.
He is such a sweet little boy and I love getting to be his mom.
So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANNER! And thank you for the joy you bring into our lives. Not a day goes by that Chris and I don't crack up at something he's said or done. Its so fun!!!

Here is a picture of the birthday boy first thing this morning.

Tanner had his favorite breakfast food this morning (malt-o-meal, so weird- I KNOW)
Then he helped "Mimi" (Chris' mom) make cupcakes and loved that.

Then he took a bath with his little sister

For lunch we took him to his favorite pizza place and then let him play at the arcade.




Then it was home for nap time and party prep.
We had a puppy party this year and I had so much fun getting ready for it.
His invitations read "There will be cats to chase and bones to chew, Come help us celebrate because Tanner is turning 2"
Although it was a much smaller party then last year, I still had fun with the decorations. Here are a few pics:
Our little puppy


Tanner's Puppy cake

cupcakes


Table decorations

Birthday Banner

Balloon boy





Before we started opening presents we had face painting. Tanner thought it was so funny to watch others get their faces painted. He even tried to paint Uncle David's. (Thank you David for painting us all up)





His party was a family affair this year. Although we missed Aunt Sarah and Uncle Johnny- everyone else was able to be there.

Tanner made a HAUL on presents- it was a little ridiculous actually. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!
In fact he got so many presents we had to stop halfway through opening them to let him take a break. He was starting to loose interest...What a great problem to have-- TOO MANY PRESENTS!



We took a break and ate some cake. After spending two hours making his cake, the little twit only ate the doggy tail and then enjoyed digging his fingers in the rest of the cake...
Tanner and his cake


Then he ate a cupcake.
It was hard to tell what was face paint and what was cupcake at this point...

Then back to more presents....
After a little warming up to his new dog "BOLT"- it was "PUPPY LOVE"

We had so much fun and I want to thank everyone for their help and for their awesome gifts! Tanner doesn't know what a lucky little boy he is to have such great Grandparents, Great-Aunts & Uncles, Aunts and Uncles and cousins. THANK YOU
And once again happy birthday to our sweet Tanner-Bear!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun paw-ty! im so sad we missed it. looks like you did a great job though! and tanner looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon saw the pictures of the face painting and said, "No. You're not ever doing that." Hahaha. What a fun party! I can't believe how big he is getting.

    ReplyDelete