Thursday, February 3, 2011

Redecorating and Reorganizing

I realized I never got around to posting pictures of my house after I got the decorating bug. Maybe I've been watching too many TLC home-decorating shows, but I really felt like my house needed a little sprucing up.
So I started with the area above our entertainment center. It use to have a small photo collage that, according to what I've learned recently, was placed way to high on the wall and I felt like it just wasn't a good use of space.
So I changed it to this....

It was fun to find a new way to use a lot the things I already had around my house. But I did get to buy a few new things too.

Then came the huge wall behind our long couch. After making some new throw pillows to try and brighten up the hand-me-down couch, I decided to make another picture collage. However this one would be large enough to fill the wall space I needed.
We had lots of pictures to choose from because we have an awesome photographer. Check her out here- www.lifeasaphoto.blogspot.com
I bought a few new frames and used lots of ones we already had and went to work.
This was the final product. Sorry you can't see the pictures all that well.

Here is a close-up of the pictures- love Jamie soo much! Don't mind the Christmas tree lights reflecting in the photo.


Then I started on my entry way. I'd seen these panels on one of the craft blogs I follow and I loved them. So after a JoAnn's trip to get the fabric and a Home Depot trip to get the wood, my sweet husband and I started working on this project.
Here is the final product hanging on our walls above the entry way table.



Then yesterday my oh-so-sweet husband picked up some metal shelves for me at D.I for 10 bucks. Not bad!
He put them in the garage for me and I immediately knew what they would be used for. My craft desk has been overflowing lately and its been getting worse and worse. So I went to work organizing all my craft supplies.
My desk looked like this when I started this project

Now my craft shelves look like this- so much prettier and easier to find stuff.

I seriously couldn't be more excited about this. And I love my husband for seeing these shelves and thinking of me. It really is the little things that make me SOOO happy.

So anyways- there is a little peek into my home. I'm excited to start planning Tanner's "big boy room" and possibly, depending on the gender of this new baby, a new nursery! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I love your little house. It's so cute. When we were over for dinner, I was admiring your decorations above the entertainment center. I especially love the blue color of that pot/vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great emily! i can't wait to see it in real life:)

    ReplyDelete