Monday, February 21, 2011

Lovin' the Sunshine

I know I've been blogging a lot lately, but I feel like life is so good that I have to take time to appreciate each wonderful day.
Tanner has been such a blast lately. Literally I think I've been having more fun than he has. I just love my little man and I love that he's getting to an age where he really loves to play with me.
Last week the weather was wonderful ALL WEEK LONG. I'm talking about sunshine and 70 degree weather. SO BEAUTIFUL. Tanner and I spent a lot of time outdoors last week and I know the sunshine has helped improve my mood. I'm really a sunshine person- rainy days bring me down.
We went to the park last Wednesday and Chris even came with us. Its so fun to watch Tanner try and play with other kids. He's really observant and not aggressive at all. He's happy to just sit back and watch what the other kids are doing. I'm sure that will change as he gets older but its so funny to watch him as he watches other kids. He gets so tickled at the things other kids do.
Tanner particularly likes to go down the slides. Lucky for him, this playground had four different slides to play on. He had a blast climbing up the steps and then going down the slide-over and over and over again.



We tried other things as well. We did the swings for a little bit. He likes those too, but nothing beats the slides. (Don't you love the belly hanging out?)


Chris even tried the dinosaur bouncer- Tanner thought Dad was pretty funny but didn't care for the dinosaur that much.

I don't know if its just me or what, but this picture melts my heart.

Chris is such a good Dad. He loves Tanner and he loves to be with him. It doesn't hurt that Tanner absolutely idolizes his Dad. The two are a great pair.

Then on Friday we had play group at the church and on Saturday Tanner and I went to the library book sale. We totally scored- 5 books for $1.50. Then we went to some of our favorite baby shops and got 4 shirts for $2. Another deal. Then came home and he took a nap. Then we finished off the day by getting girl scout cookies, making rice crispie treats (which Tanner loves) and making play dough. Tanner discovered play dough doesn't taste very good, but its really fun to mash between every crevice in his body.

I don't really know how to explain it, but I'm enjoying Tanner so much right now. He just a hysterical little boy and I laugh all the time with him. He's sweet and tender at times and other times he's all boy- trying to splash in puddles, play in the dirt and rocks and help Dad in the garage.
I've decided I really don't care if this next baby is a boy or a girl. Mainly because if he/she is anything like Tanner I'll be totally content. I love being a mom of a car-zooming, dirt packing, truck loving little boy. But I'm sure little girls have their perks too. Either way I'll be happy. I'm just focusing on enjoying Tanner time while I can. Being a Mom is so AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment