Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Delayed Valentines Day

We had to celebrate our Valentines day a little late this year. I have really great timing and got sick with a stomach bug early Sunday morning. I spent most of Sunday in bed, trying to sleep but not really succeeding because I was in too much pain. Luckily the next day I was feeling better- not 100% but definitely better. I wasn't up for all of the valentine's day festivities I had planned, so Chris generously offered to postpone until the next day. He took care of Tanner all day Sunday and Monday and brought home dinner on Monday so I didn't have to cook. I know- I have an AMAZING husband. He really is the best.
On Tuesday I decided to get my bum in gear and spoil my man. I got up and made heart-shaped french toast, sausage and eggs for him and Tanner.

Its not a great picture, but you get the idea.
Chris devoured it and headed off to work. He came home for lunch and we just had some leftovers- nothing special.
Tanner had a cute little valentines lunch

Then Chris headed off to work and Tanner and I went to run some errands. I mostly just needed to get the food for Dinner that night.
When we got home we attempted to enjoy the beautiful weather and we decorated our sidewalk with sidewalk chalk with a little valentines day message for Chris.
Tanner doing his part

I don't know why this wont rotate the right direction

Thanks to the Pioneer Woman I had a delicious menu planned. I made this Pasta al quattro formaggi, ribeye steaks, and garlic toast. YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMY! Click on that link if you get a chance- CHRIS LOVED IT.
We followed that up with our traditional chocolate covered strawberries. Let me tell you- Tanner loved these. I made a small one just for him and at first he was unsure...

Then he decided it was a hit

"This is sooo Good"

"More please" Yes- he is literally licking the plate. I don't know where he learned that- must be from his Dad.

After a very thorough bath we put Tanner down for the night.
Then I surprised Chris with one of his favorite cakes.

Now this cake is special because its the same cake I made him the Valentines day before he proposed. I'm pretty sure this cake it what sealed the deal. This cake is totally from scratch. He tasted it and the next day went out and bought a ring and popped the question. Okay- maybe not, but Chris loves this cake. If I wasn't so secure in our relationship, I might be a little worried about how much he loves this cake. Anyways, he was surprised and thrilled.

We had exchanged gifts earlier- He got me tulips (so beautiful), I gave him a motorized head scratcher- which I know sounds weird, but you have to know Chris to really appreciate this gift. HE LOVES HAVING HIS BACK TICKLED OR HIS HEAD SCRATCHED. Then we gave Tanner a new "Little Miss Spider" book. He liked it but eventually went back to his favorite "Little Miss Spider book and starter reading it again. Oh well...
It may not have been our most extravagant valentines day but it was wonderful just the same. Maybe next year I wont be recovering from the stomach bug and we can really party. Hope everyone had a wonderful love-filled valentines day!

No comments:

Post a Comment