Monday, May 3, 2010

Just a Pain in the...

BACK!!!
Holy cow- my back hurts so much. I have no idea what I've done, but I can hardly move. On Thursday I did something and I could barely walk into my parent's house to welcome them back to the US. I was so excited to see them, but all I could do was lay on the floor with a hot pack under my back. Since Thursday I haven't seen much improvement, but little by little I think it will get better. I went to the chiropractor today, and tonight its not feeling quite as bad. Poor Tanner was feeling neglected because Chris was at drill for the National Guard all weekend and I was out of commission. Thank goodness for my wonderful family. They babysat Tanner for me on and off all weekend, so I could get some bed rest.
Chris is gone again until tomorrow night for an ING conference. So Tanner and I are just trying to survive until then.
Today I took Tanner outside and let him play in the grass. He wasn't real sure what to think about it. He just kept pulling up handfuls and tossing them aside. It was really funny to watch.
He thought it was kind of itchy!

Sorry these are the best quality. I took them with my video camera.


Last week we started giving Tanner some finger foods and he's mastered his pincer grasp. He doesn't like anything really sweet, so he wont eat the gerber graduates we have. He mostly just likes hanburger buns. I tear off little pieces of mine whenever I have a burger and he'll eat that. Its so cute to watch him learn how to use his fingers. Babies are so amazing.
Look how hard he is concentrating here. Its like you can just see his little mind working.

We've also been letting him gnaw on some corn cobs and bread when we have it. He doesn't really eat much of the bread, but he likes the texture in his mouth.

Look at that face. You just know he's planning something.

Attacking his corn on the cob.

He also really likes to try and feed himself. We like to watch him when he isn't wearing clothes that he can stain.

We also gave him some spaghetti noodles to play with the other night. That kept him entertained for quite a while.

Here are some other pics from our last park day.




This is one of my sister Laura and Tanner before we left to have her Senior pictures taken. Isn't she gorgeous? Ridiculous right? Not only is she a genius but she's just a doll! I can't believe she's a senior!!! I love this girl!

Oh and here are some pictures of what Aunt Laura does when she watches Tanner.
Where is Tanner you may ask?

Yep...In the bag!

Here are a few more of my handsome devil after church on Sunday.I couldn't go because of my back, but my Mom came by and picked up Tanner and between her, my Dad and my sister Laura- They took good care of my boy.


love those fat cheeks!

Couldn't resist a picture of this...

Anyways, besides my back being out, nothing much has happened. We leave for Oregon a week from tomorrow. Thats so exciting! I'll post about my nephew's birthday presents after we get back. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for their moms before the boys open them...but lets just say I'm pretty stoked about them. I'm going to make Tanner one too.

3 comments:

  1. Laura is a little hottie! She looks so grown up! Haha.

    I'm sorry your back is still hurting! I hope it gets well soon. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Baby Purse. The new trend, replacing the old puppy purse! ;) HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of him being "sneaky" looks a little like Joseph! All of the photos are so adorable Em!

    ReplyDelete