Friday, April 23, 2010

New Quiet Book

So I made another quiet book, pretty much the same as the last one, with a few changes. I did a lot more embroidery on this one and its a lot thicker because its all felt. But I like how it turned out. I decided to personalize this one for Tanner and give the previous one to my future nephew. Anyways.. here is the latest...
The cover. The large letters I stitched on with my machine, but the rest I did by hand. And I had to bind it by hand because it was SOOO thick.

1st page- Old MacDonald's Farm. The horse (Jim-Bob) is on Velcro and the little animals inside the barn are finger puppets.


2nd page. "Gone Fishing" The fish have Velcro mouths and the fishing pole has Velcro on the end to "catch" the fish with.

3rd page "Choo Choo" This is a new idea. It just came to me. I didn't use zippers in the last quiet book and with this page Tanner can unzip the train cars and put cargo inside...cargo like toys or snacks...

4th page "Tanner's Mailbox" Again the flag can move and you can open the mailbox door to deliver the mail. And again- if anyone is interested, Tanner's mailbox is accepting 3 X 4 inch postcards. And he loves getting mail.


5th Page "Build-A-Burger" again. But this time I added a drink and fries.

6th page "Monster Truck tires" the tires bottom off so he can change them out.


7th page "Race Track" this is just a smaller version of the two-page spread i used in the last one.

8th page "Under the Sea" This treasure box is buried at the bottom of the ocean and he'll have to swim with the fishes to get the treasure box unlocked.


9th page "Mr Potato Head" This was a new idea I had based on the original potato head. Each part of the potato head comes off by Velcro and the side of the potato head unzips to store the different pieces.


10th page "Blast Off" the rocket ship travels along the ribbon so it doesn't get lost in the stars. I don't know why blogger rotated this picture, but you'll have to get the idea looking at it sideways.

Well that's it. I found a bunch more ideas for more quiet books. They are linked on the side of my blog under future projects. I tried to keep all the quiet book ideas together. They are about halfway down the list and I highly recommend making one. They are a ton of fun. I'm saving my pennies so I can get supplies for my next one. Pretty exciting!!!

4 comments:

  1. wow, that must have taken a lot of time, it turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hand stitch the words? or is it puff paint? Or machine? Can't tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this today searching for quiet book ideas..this is so cute! It's given me lots of ideas for the one I am making!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its obviously hand stitched.... hence the spacing. you could probably use a sewing machine to create that effect... most people hand stitched their quiet books though because the thickness of felt.

    ReplyDelete