Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oregon Trip- Week 2

So are the details on the rest of our vacation.
On Wednesday Steph and I ran a few errands with the boys and then put them down for naps. Later that night we took the boys to the indoor pool. I can't even describe how funny it was for me to watch Tanner in the pool. He loves being in the water, I've always known that because bath time is the best part of the day. Tanner in a pool is a whole different story. While my nephew Chase soon tired of the pool and having to he held because it was too deep for him to touch, Tanner was totally content to be held on his belly in the water or floating on his back with his head resting on my shoulder. He LOVED it. If it was up to Tanner we would have stayed for hours. Just to give you an idea of how much we enjoyed the pool- I'm posting a ton of pictures.
Here is how we spent most of our time at the pool. He loved being held on his belly.


Tanner and I before we got in the pool

Steph, Chase, Tanner and I before we all got wet.


Then Thursday morning we left for my in-law's coast house. When we left it was a nasty rainy day, but when we got to Waldport- it was beautiful. We unpacked our things from the truck and headed to the beach to let the boys play in the sand. Tanner was thrilled with just sitting in the sand and playing.
Tanner and I at the coast

He loved the sand so much

Then we went back to the house and took some pictures outside by the brick wall, because I love black and white pictures with brick as the backdrop. So here are a few of our latest and greatest family pictures.
Blowing kisses at my boy

I think this picture is my favorite. I love my boys so much!

Kissing on our sweet boy

Tanner loves to get his Dad.

What a stud

My little family

On Friday we had a late breakfast and headed into Newport. We drove around, ate lunch, and then went down to the bay front. They had a ton of little shops and things to look at. We HAD to buy some candies and then take more pictures.
Tanner and I looking at the sea lions. He was quite enthralled with them.

Here is all of us in Newport with this cool ocean mural background.

My family at the boat dock

Then we headed back to the beach again.
Here is us taking Tanner for a walk in the sand. He loves to walk right now. He never wants to sit down and constantly keeps his body rigid so you can't make him sit. I'm worried he's going to skip crawling all together and just walk one day.

Dad and Tanner at the beach

Mom and Tanner at the beach

Us at the Beach

After getting sand all over ourselves we went back to the house. We then had to pack up and go home. It was a fun short trip to the coast. I think we would have stayed longer, but we had to share our bed with Tanner and thats no fun. They don't have a crib at the coast house yet.
On Saturday Stephanie and I did our garage sales again and we totally scored. I bought so many clothes and shoes for Tanner while we were there. His suitcase just barely made weight coming home. It was stuffed.
Saturday night was my nephew Paul's first birthday party. It was fun to be all together and watch Paul eat his cake. He didn't dig into, he very gently and carefully picked off the toppings and then he was done. It very un-Paul like. That night Steph and I had the Dads take the babies home and we went and saw a chick flick. We saw "Letters to Juliet" It was cute- just WAY cheesy! But it was fun to get out. Then we did some shopping and decided we better get home.
Sunday was church again and then a family dinner at Phillip and Stephanie's house. She made us lasagna and it was delicious.
Monday was pretty relaxed. Stephanie and I ran a few more errands, but I was so tired because Tanner didn't sleep well the entire time we were there. I was busy cutting two teeth. So anyways, we didn't do much Monday. We had a family dinner that night, went for a four-wheeler ride and we went to bed early. Tanner thought he was pretty big stuff though- driving the four wheeler.

Here is one of Tanner with his Grandma and Grandpa. They love him so much!

Then Tuesday morning we had to get ready to leave. Stephanie and Chase came over to say bye and we took off for the airport.
Tanner slept through both of our flights coming home so that was awesome, but it was so hard to leave. I love our family out there. Especially my sister-in-law Stephanie. We had such a blast together. Can't wait till December! But for now we're back home and I've finally finished all our laundry. But its still nice to be back home and have a routine again.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip! I love the NW especially the coast. Tanner is such a cute - you need a dozen of those!

    ReplyDelete