Monday, May 10, 2010

Best Mother's Day Ever!

Okay, so techinically it was my first offical Mother's day- but still the best one ever. I have such a sweet husband. He woke up early and made me breakfast and then watched Tanner for me for the entire morning before church so I could get ready. Church was great. I played piano for the primary kids during sacrament meeting. They sang "Mother, I Love you" of course. Tanner recognized me on the stand and started shouting "Mamamama" That was pretty sweet!
Then Chris made me lunch and we watched a movie while Tanner took a 2-hour nap. (Another really awesome present) Then we went to my parent's house and Chris, my sister Laura and my Dad made us Mommies dinner. We had delicious steak, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and salad. SO GOOD! Then Texas sheet cake for dessert.
I got a new "Willow Tree" figurine from Chris and Tanner. Its called "Tenderness" and its a mommy holding a little toddler. So sweet. Then I got some cards from my sister and parents and friends.
All-in-all, really amazing day with the family. I just love being a mother.
I can't imagine anything more fulfilling, exciting, rewarding and awesome than motherhood. I feel so blessed to have such a sweet little family. My boys are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment