Saturday, May 29, 2010

Oregon Trip- Week 1

Looking back I can hardly keep the days straight in my head. We were so busy while we were in Oregon, but it was such a blast!
We flew in on Tuesday but got in late and just went to bed that night. Tanner was so excited because when we got in at 10:00 pm Oregon time it was 12:00 am Arkansas time. Poor little guy!
The first flight was a little rough because Tanner was tired but he was too excited to go to sleep. He finally pulled his giraffe over his face and passed out on my lap about an hour into the first flight and slept the rest of the way. However, we had three connections on the way to Oregon, so it was a very long day. But he did much better on the next two flights!
Tanner being a big boy on the airplane.

Anyways, on Wednesday Stephanie (my sister-in-law) and I hung out and ran a few errands- really low key-recovering day.
Thursday Chris, Tanner, Phillip, Stephanie, Chase and I went to the Portland Zoo. It was 1 1/2 hour drive. The boys did pretty good on the way up, and once we got there we put them in the strollers and took off on our zoo adventure.

Honestly, the zoo was a bit of a let-down because a lot of the animals were not in their exhibits.
We did get to see the elephant, giraffes, bears, zebras, penguins and a few other cool animals.
Tanner and I watching the elephant.

Uncle Phillip, cousin Chase, Tanner and I checking out the elephant.

My family in the penguin cave.

Here is us in front of the mouth of the bear cave. We had to see the bears because we're constantly calling Tanner "Tanner-bear" and so it only seemed fitting we check out the bears.


But then the boys were beyond tired and needed their naps. So we headed home.
On Friday, Stephanie and I did our ritual garage sales and after a morning nap, took the boys to the duck park. We actually didn't see many ducks thought, mainly geese. We got some cute pictures though.
Tanner and I checking out the geese on the pond.

Tanner and I going to feed the geese

Me and my boy

Saturday we went to a relief society activity and a wedding reception. Nothing too exciting there. But we did get to have all three grandsons together at the reception. They were so funny!

Tanner is pretty much terrified of his cousins because they literally walked all over him. He hasn't started crawling yet, so he was a sitting duck. I think it was good for him to interact with other kids though. But he has become quite the "Momma's boy" since he was so scared of his cousins, he was constantly saying "mamamamamam"
On Sunday we went to church and then we had a family dinner to meet Chris' Uncle's new wife. Once again we got to have all three boys together. I just love to watch them interact. Hopefully when we see them again in December Tanner will be able to hold his own better.
Here is a picture of all three boys attacking uncle Brad

This is Tanner and his cousin Paul chilling outside with their hats on.

Monday I watch both Tanner and my nephew Chase while Stephanie went to volunteer at this "Pregnancy Alternative Center" Of course, about 20 minutes into their naps, both Tanner and Chase woke up- both crying because they were still tired and grumpy because I was holding both of them and they were jealous of each other. It was probably the longest hour and a half of my life. I don't know how mothers of twins do it.
Tuesday we took the boys to a "play group" at church and then to Wal-Mart. It was fun to see all the ladies from the ward we went to when we lived there. Then we went home and put the boys down for their naps and later went into JoAnn's so I could get my craft fix. When I got back to my Mother-in-law's house she had a surprise for Tanner. She bought him these adorable Robeez cowboy boots and onsie. Isn't he just about the cutest cowboy ever?

I think that concludes week 1 of our vacation. Stay tuned for Week 2 of our Oregon vacation.

1 comment:

  1. The Hogle (Utah) Zoo was a let down for us too when we took Lacey and Kaden! If you really want to see a zoo, you need to go to San Diego! Looks like you guys had fun though! I'm glad you're back on facebook and blogging. I have missed you!! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete