Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day 2022

 Today was "Mother's Day" and it was a good one. After a busy weekend with family and loved ones, it was really nice to be pampered today. Because little Benson woke up with a fever this morning, I wasn't able to go to church. But since Mimi and Grandpa and Nanny and Papa were visiting for Tucker's baptism, they were able to take the other kids to church. 

Chris' bishopric meetings were blissfully short and he was home by lunchtime. 
We ate leftovers for lunch and then I took a nap. 
I woke up to Chris making an amazing Mother's day dinner. 
We ate dinner early so my parents could hit the road before dark. 

Dinner was amazing. Chris grilled steaks and we had baked potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, salad, and stuffed clam shells. The food was so good and everyone was very satisfied and full. 

For dessert we had a strawberries and cream bundt cake. It was delicious. 
After dessert my parents left to drive home. 
Chris and I delivered Mother's day gifts to the families we minister to in our ward. 

We got back in time to hang out for a bit longer with the kids before bedtime. 
The kids were good sports and they obliged me by taking some pictures for Mother's day. 
I sure love these kids. We are getting to such a great stage. They are getting so big and fun. 
Benson is almost 5 and he's grown up so much. These kids are the best. 

 
Being a mom is the hardest but most rewarding thing I could do with my life. 
Sometimes it seems like I can't possibly give more than I have. I feel drained and exhausted and tired of being touched. But then I remember that one of kids shows love through physical touch and I find a little more of my self to give and its not hard to give it. I notice that another of my kids is in need of some quality time and I'm able to happily hang out and talk with them. I'm amazed at the love from my Heavenly Father and Savior. Because of the enabling power of the atonement I am able to be more than I am  alone. That power makes me better. It makes me a better mom. 


I am so grateful that I was able to spend Mother's day with both of my moms. It's a rare occasion when we are together but even more rare to be together on Mother's day. 
These women are such wonderful examples to me and I'm so grateful for their love and support!

I'm also incredibly grateful for my husband. He's the best. He makes me better and shows me love everyday. He makes me feel special everyday not just on Mother's day. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their day and they felt loved and appreciated. Happy Mother's day!



No comments:

Post a Comment