Monday, August 14, 2017

First Day of School and Back to School Dinner

I can hardly believe that school started. I'm so not ready and I'm more than a little sad about it. However, my kids are not sad about it. They are so excited. Bailey started first grade today and she loves her teacher. She had a great first day. 
Her teacher is super young and enthusiastic. She's super cute and Bailey loves her. 
Also, when did my baby girl get so big?
Oh and here is the side by side comparison of her last year in Kindergarten and today starting first grade. She hasn't changed too much, but I feel like she's really growing up. 

Tanner started second grade today and he also loves his teacher. He went to Elm Tree Elementary during his kindergarten year and he's thrilled to be back at ETE. His teacher this year used to teach kindergarten and she recognized Tanner from the kindergarten team from two years ago. She seems great and he's really excited. 




Tanner on his first day of Kindergarten
Tanner on his first day of second grade. AHHH stop growing up. 

These two had a great first day of school and I'm so happy about that. I didn't want them to start school yet, but I'm thrilled they are loving it. 

When the kids got home, we had a "Back to School" dinner for them. It was an apple themed dinner. We had BBQ ribs, corn on the cob and then stove top apples, apple pie and apple juice. The kids loved it. We have had a kindergarten kickoff the last two years, but without a kid starting kindergarten this year, we decided to institute a back to school dinner in it's stead. 







The kids loved their "Back to School" dinner and were so excited to see all the decorations when they got home. I love surprising them!
After our dinner, Chris gave us all 'back to school blessings" and they were beautiful. I'm so incredibly grateful to be married to a man worthy of holding the priesthood, who is able to bless our family. 
Here's to a new school year!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment