Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Today is Mother's day and to celebrate, Bailey and I wore matching dresses. She loved it so much. Who am I kidding? I loved it too. It was pretty dang cute.
True to form, my dear husband and kids spoiled me.
I got to sleep in, I ate breakfast in bed. I napped. I got presents and treats. Chris helped each kid make a mold of their hand print with their name and the year. It was all very cute and sweet.
Daddy also made a delicious dinner and dessert for me. 
I am one lucky girl and I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's day. 

Oh also, about a month ago my dear friend Tori asked the kids and I to model for her for a "Mommy and Me" session so she could use the pictures to advertise for sessions. We happily agreed and had the best time.
Pictures aren't usually fun. Especially planned sessions with three young kids. None of which can figure out how to look at the camera and smile for more than 1.2 seconds at a time. It's near impossible.
But this session was just about the bond between moms and their kids. It was so special. 
We did candid pictures , some with each child and a few all together. But the session was full of laughter, smiles and giggles. We had genuinely had fun and that's why I will always cherish these pictures. 
First up, pictures of Tanner and I together. This boy will always hold a special place in my heart since he was my first babe. He stole my heart and has forever held a piece of it. I love this sweet boy and his tender heart. 

While Tanner and I did our pictures, Tucker and Bailey played in the flowers. Tori was able to snap these cute pics. 


Then it was Bailey's turn. Her session was probably the most fun. She loves having me all to herself. We told each other secrets, we exchanged pretty flowers, played hand clap games and just laughed together. She's my girl and we will always stick together. 





Last but not least, Tucker and I had our pictures taken together. This boy. Oh man. This kid is a joy of a boy. He is such a happy kid but he's also a mischievous little stinker. 
We snuggled, we tickled, we found bugs and we did airplane rides. Tucker loved it. 






Looking at these pictures reminds me how truly blessed I am. Motherhood is so very hard. It's exhausting and wearing. It's the daily demand for attention from three little people who always want more than I have to give. But it's also so beautiful. I have to remind myself often that I will never be more loved than I am right now. I am the center of their universe. I am the person they turn to for any and every reason. I am the one they want when they are sick or sad and I'm the first one they want to share good new with. In the quiet moments when their little hands find mine or they press their lips to my cheeks for kisses, I know that there is no greater work I could be doing. I love being a mom. It's beautiful and amazing and I'm so very blessed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment