Monday, August 3, 2015

Tanner's First day of Kindergarten

 I'm still in shock. My little man started kindergarten today. He woke up so excited. He made his bed and got his "first day of school outfit" on. He was so cute. 
We took the obligatory "first day of school" pictures. He's pretty adorable.
He just melts me. 
Tanner started Kindergarten at Elm Tree Elementary in Bentonville. It's a year round school and we are very excited for the calendar.  His teacher is Dr. Carol Ross. She has her Doctorate in Education and I think she will be a perfect fit for Tanner. She's older and seems to have a good handle on how to best teach a rowdy bunch of 5 year olds. 
I also had Tanner take a picture in this shirt I made him. The idea is for Tanner to wear this shirt each year on the first day of school, and hopefully by the first day of his senior year of high school, he will have grown into it. 
Chris went into work a little late so he could take Tanner to school with me. 
Tanner in front of his school sign. 
On the way into school we ran into Tanner's best friend from preschool. Tanner was so excited to see Ryan. I think it helped him relax and feel more comfortable. 
They hung out together while the moms signed in through the office. They are so cute!
Once I got signed in and got my name tag, I was able to walk Tanner down the hall to his classroom.
Here is my big boy looking for his classroom.
When he found his classroom, he immediately got busy putting his backpack away. He was so proud of himself for finding his name and cubbie number. 
Here is a picture of Tanner and his teacher, Dr. Ross. 
He gave me a hug and then happily went over to the rug and started playing with the blocks. He didn't hesitate at all. Which made my leaving, much easier. I was so worried I would break down and cry, but seeing him so comfortable in his classroom made it so much easier on me. 
Tanner's school started at 7:30. I basically counted down the minutes until I could see him again. I couldn't wait to hear all about his day. At 2:40 the kids were released and I got to pick him up. I found this cute smiling face in the car rider pick up line.
He said his first day was "AWESOME". 
I'm so relieved that his first day went so great. He cannot wait to go back tomorrow.
And I think I could get use to life with a kindergartner. I'm so proud of my Tanner-bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment