Sunday, August 3, 2014

Bailey's 3rd Birthday- Rainbow Dash/My Little Pony Party

We celebrate Bailey's 3rd birthday with her friends yesterday. We had a big "Rainbow Dash" birthday party with 7 of her little girl friends. Also Nanny, Papa, Uncle Joseph, Aunt Julieta, Clark and Danny came over from Mtn. Home for the party. Aunt Laura was already here and Mimi flew in from Oregon just in time for her party. She is one loved little girl. 
Bailey loves "My Little Ponies" and so I had a lot of fun putting this party together. She loves Rainbow Dash so we went with a rainbow theme and added the ponies from there. I kind of love how it all came together. 
I especially love the rainbow tulle backdrop. 

We had Fluttershy Bunny Snacks- which was a veggie tray. 
I tried to make it a rainbow arrangement, but I couldn't find anything blue in the veggie section. 
Then we also had "Twilight's friendship Sandwiches" which were just PB&J sandwiches. 
And Rarity's Dazzling Lemonade
Then "Apple Jack's Farm Fresh Fruit"- rainbow fruit skewers
And Rainbow Dash's rainbow jello cups. 
There are actually 6 colors of jello in these little cups. 
But I think my favorite part of the food were these adorable rainbow cake push pops. 
They took a while to make but i think they were so worth it. I absolutely love them!

And my next favorite thing was the big cake. It was a rainbow inside. Isn't it pretty? I love all the bright, vivid colors. Oh and the topper? Isn't that fun?

Bailey loved when we cut into the cake. 
We had the party in the our backyard and I feel like it was pretty cute. 
These are the adult tables
This was the little girls' table. 
Little girls are so much calmer than little boys. These girls just sat in their chairs and ate their food. Boys would have been so crazy but these girls were so well-behaved. 
Oh and each girl had a different rainbow place setting with a different pony sitting near her chair. 
After all the girls arrived, we chatted for a while and then got the girls settled with their food. 
Bailey was a big fan of the jello cups. 
Bailey was a big fan of her party. 
My girl and I. She loved all the ponies at her party and I loved making her so happy.
After they ate, we opened presents. Bailey got some many awesome gifts. She is a lucky girl. 
After presents it was time for games.
I had three games planned. First we played the "Rarity's Unicorn Jewel Hunt". I had hidden acrylic jewels all around the yard and laid our little pink organza bags for the girls to use to search for jewels.  
Bailey searching for the jewels. 
Here are the kids searching for unicorn jewels. 
The second game was for each girl to get a "Cutie Mark" so I had temporary tattoos for each girl. Bailey picked "Twilight Sparkle"
Here are some of the girls with their cutie marks. Aren't they adorable?
The last game was a "50 Yard Rainbow Dash Race". Bailey may or may not have totally cheated and started the race before I said go. I couldn't help but laugh because she was so proud of herself for winning. 
Here is Papa with the boys during lunch. Aren't they adorable together? Love all those boys. 
And Tucker's little smile with Papa. 
Then before the girls left, I passed out the pony favors. These little buckets were filled with pony stickers, rainbow licorice, a rainbow lolly pop and a "My little pony" figurine. 

This little girl loved her party and all her new ponies. She is one happy little girl. 

Then Today we got to celebrate on her actual birthday with just family. When I asked Bailey what she wanted for her birthday dinner, she said she wanted pancakes. So we had a pancake bar. It was a big hit.
I went ahead and used the rainbow tulle backdrop for the pancake bar.  

We had a plate of different toppings
And four types of pancakes, plain, chocolate chip, blueberry and Chris' special silver dollar pancakes. 

After eating our pancake supper, we opened family presents and then we sang to Bailey and she blew out the candles on her cake. 
Then she promptly began eating her cake...no fork...just started taking bites out of the cake.
I was cracking up so much 
We sure love this girl. She is our sassy little sweetheart and she makes us laugh everyday. 
I can hardly believe she is already three years old.
Happy Birthday Bailey!!! 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful job! Very nice ideas and put together so nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete