Wednesday, May 7, 2014

So I have three kids now....

It's so crazy that after all this waiting, Tucker is finally here and he's part of our daily lives. Tanner and Bailey adore him. They are constantly asking to hold him and trying to give him kisses. Every single morning Tanner asks "How is my baby Tucker doing?" It cracks me up.
They are constantly crowding him and trying to get in his face and I would feel bad for the kid, but I know it's only because they love him. It will toughen him up, right??
I've had tons of help since my mom is here staying with us. She's amazing. She is constantly sending me to bed and taking care of everything. Tucker and I spend lots of time napping together. I love it! She picks Tanner up from preschool, gets groceries, runs errands, cleans my house, makes meals and plays with my kids. Pretty amazing, right? I feel so blessed.
Chris is a big help too but we are both a little sleep deprived so he is very appreciative of my mom as well. 

Moving on to pictures of this adorable boy.
Don't you love those hands? He's constantly holding his hands and  sucking on his fingers. It's so cute. I love it. 

At Tucker's 1-week mark we made our first trip into town to run some errands. With my Mom's help, it wasn't so scary. We went to the store, returned some books to the library and picked up Tanner from preschool. Tucker slept the entire time and Bailey was very well behaved. 

Here's me and my new boy all ready to finally leave the house. 
Honestly I thought I would be going crazy just staying home, but with my mom here, I've been able to rest and nap and enjoy my new baby. I'm not going crazy at all. 
Tanner loves to snuggle after his naps. He woke up and found Nanny holding Tucker and decided he needed to get some snuggles too. 
Did I mention my mom is awesome? Here she is having a tea party with the kids. They loved it. 

They also played lots of "hide-and-go-seek" and played outside with bubbles. 
I had put together some "after baby" bags for the kids, full of small activities and toys. They really enjoyed the watercolor paints. 



On Thursday, when Tucker was 9 days old, we made the trip to Mtn. Home.  We picked up Tanner from preschool, grabbed some lunch and headed out. All three kids took naps right away. Tanner and Bailey woke up with only 1 hour left in the trip and Tucker slept the whole way. Yeah- my kids are awesome travelers. 
Friday morning we had Tucker's newborn pictures with our photographer Jamie. We also did some  sibling shots. So cute. Even though Tucker was a stinker and would not go to sleep, they still turned out cute. 
 Saturday we played outside and enjoyed the warm weather. I got to spend some time with my older two while Nanny took care of Tuck. 
First we ate a picnic lunch on the back porch. The kids loved it. 




Then it was bubbles, croquet and soccer. 





Then we decided to cool off with some fudge pops
That night the kids took their ritual bath in Nanny and Papa's jacuzzi tub. That's always a blast. 

On Sunday we got to meet Uncle Joseph's new puppy. It was pretty funny to watch the kids with the dog. Tanner told Uncle Joe that we don't have a dog because we have a new baby. Lol. 

This is Oliver. Isn't he precious?
Just a little storytime with Nanny. 
While Papa FINALLY got to meet his newest grandson. He approved. 


Tanner had to run over and give Tucker a kiss...
While we were in Mtn. Home, Tucker's cord fell off- just shy of two weeks old. So he got his first real bath. I think it was totally fitting that his first bath was in Nanny's sink.  It's kind of a rite of passage. 


On Monday we had family pictures and then we drove back home.  Again, the kids were fantastic on the 3 hour drive. Unfortunately, we had to leave Nanny in Mtn. Home so she could resume her normal life. It was hard to leave her but I'm so grateful for her help. 
Luckily for me, my husband started the first week of his paternity leave and so I wasn't left alone with three kids quite yet. 
Tuesday we busted out the sprinkler and let the kids play. 




They loved it and we are all enjoying the warm weather. And that gets us Tucker's 2-week old mark. I can hardly believe my baby is already 2 weeks old. 

Stay tuned for Tucker's blessing and Mimi and Grandpa's visit from Oregon. 








No comments:

Post a Comment