Monday, July 26, 2010

In Memory of...


This past week we lost "Willy", Tanner's whale floaty. We were swimming at the lake on Friday and it just popped. We were almost to the buoy when Tanner's floaty started sinking with him in it. I grabbed Tanner, swam the rest of the way to the buoy and then Chris helped me lift him out of it. We had to scoot the entire way back along the buoy to get to shore. Chris dragged the whale back to shore with us and the entire time we struggled to get to shore Tanner was just mad because Chris had his floaty and he couldn't be in it.
So farewell to our faithful floaty. We had many good times together.




As you can tell we're very upset about this. We'll have to find him a new one, maybe for his birthday.

We're trying to move on with out lives, but its hard.
But here are a few other pictures from the past week. Tanner is through with pureed foods, which makes my life a lot harder. I am at that stage where I don't know what to feed him because I don't know what he wants. It was so much simpler when I could just give so many ounces of applesauce, sweet potatoes or pears. But now we're moving on to bigger and hopefully better things.
Since getting him to eat is such a struggle, when he finds something he likes I let him eat it (within reason)
He really loves watermelon

and corn on the cob

He's also really into feeding himself, and so I'm resigned to the fact that meal times are just going to be really messy from now on because the chances of Tanner getting the food on his spoon and into his mouth are about 50/50.
Here is the look I get when I try to feed Tanner

This is Tanner feeding himself.

Here is Tanner playing in the sand at the lake.

playing in the swings at the park

playing with his Uncle David

playing with Dad- helping him drive


We've been having a lot of fun this summer as you can tell. Tanner is currently cutting two more teeth so that's not so fun. Hopefully they'll cut through soon and we can all get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment