Sunday, July 18, 2010

Exploring the World Around Him

This past week Tanner has been having lots of adventures. It's so funny to watch him with his new found mobility. He is absolutely thrilled with what he can do. Sometimes he just gets so excited that he falls over. Or he'll start clapping for himself and lose his balance and then fall over. Its really funny to watch.

Earlier this week Tanner and I played in the yard for a while. This doesn't happen often because its so stinkin' hot here. But we probably should go outside more because he was having a blast walking back and forth along the porch and playing.



He loves to put sticks and leaves and just about anything he can get his hands on into his mouth.
Its so funny to watch him- look at this face-
He's not too sure what to think about the leaf

Or this stick for that matter
And he really didn't want to crawl in the grass. At first it was funny, but that changed really quick. I don't think he liked how it felt on his hands and knees.

This is how he smiles now- he can't figure out what to do with his new top teeth.

This is Tanner clapping for himself. Luckily, he was already sitting so he didn't fall down.

Tanner's second big adventure was discovering the movie cabinet. I probably should have been more on top of this, but taking pictures of him making his mess was more fun than stopping him.
If you look close you can see his thought process as he goes from bottom shelf of books to the movie shelf.
"I got the cabinet door open, now what is in here?"

"Oh there's more up there...."

"So this is where they keep the movies..."

"This is awesome!!!"

The other day I went to Sonic with Tanner to get a drink- because it was happy hour and its summer- do you need any more of an explanation?
Tanner got to sit up front while we waited for our food. He thought the sheep skin covers on the car seats was really cool. And sitting up front and being able to see was probably fun too, but he couldn't keep his hands off the seats.

The last major adventure we had was at dinner on Friday. Tanner discovered chicken bones. He was in love. Like everything else it went right into his mouth. Then he decided he really liked how it tasted, so he chewed that for a long time.

Then he got a second bone. Oh the fun!

Then it got a little out of hand- and the bones kept going on his head. It was like he was brushing his hair with the chicken bone. SO GROSS!

Needless to say we had a very thorough bath that night. Such a stinker!

That's about all that's going on with us. I've been spending most of Tanner's nap times working on his birthday party. I'm getting so excited- only 1 month to go.
Also, I've been called as the 2nd Counselor in our Primary Presidency. That was kind of a big surprise. I was the primary pianist, and I loved that. No responsibility and all the fun. I loved listening to the kids' funny answers and watching them interact together. It was a sweet gig. But that's about to change. I have a feeling I'm going to be real busy with primary stuff pretty soon. Luckily the girls- I mean- women- I'll be serving with are awesome! So it should be fun. We'll see... I guess you can only give it your best and that's what I'll do. Wish me luck!

oh p.s. Is this not the most beautiful sunset ever? I love ARKANSAS!

4 comments:

  1. Look at all his teeth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Emily. Primary is a joint effort. I was scared in the beginning too, but we usually have so much fun, burdens are easily lifted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute little guy you have there! I can't wait to see you guys at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be awesome in primary! Sounds like a much bigger calling than my YW's calling (maybe because we only have like 12 girls). But I know you'll do great! I love that Tanner is chewing on a bone... like a dog. LOL.

    ReplyDelete