Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Whale of a Tale

Tanner is such a fish. Its so funny. He absolutely loves the water. Over Memorial day weekend Nanny came home with a blow-up pool for Tanner. Uncle David and Papa blew it up and Nanny boiled some water to make sure the water wasn't too cold. When we came over, the pool was all ready for us. I changed Tanner into his swim shorts and he instantly got excited. He loves wearing his swim shorts and NO SHIRT. We put Tanner in the pool and he fell in love. The bottom of the pool was all bubbly and he loved playing with it. We just played and played. He's such a fun kid. I love that he loves being in the water. We grew up swimming at the lake and tubing at a very young age. I plan on taking Tanner tubing pretty soon. Well if Nanny doesn't have a heart attack that is. After our pool adventure we ate dinner with the family and Tanner went out like a light that night. Here is a video clip of Tanner in his new pool.

Then today we took Tanner to the lake for the first time. It was kind of a BIG deal. The day before I had found his whale floaty at a garage sale for $ 1.75. Not bad right? Tanner of course loved it. He sat inside it on the floor for about 30 minutes. He's so easily entertained. The whole family came. I was taking pictures all along the way, but I wont bore you with too many. Just the highlights. Tanner trying to get into the water. Family picture at the lake. Tanner and his Dad swimming together. Playing with Papa. They both had floaties. Tanner and I playing with Uncle David. Me and my little fish. He loved splashing and kicking in his legs. Even when he was in his floaty, he was kicking his legs like crazy. I'm telling you- this kid is a natural swimmer. Tanner was pretty happy in his floaty. Just chillin' Then we put Tanner on the shore and he discovered the wet sand. He was quite fascinated by it. We were at the lake for about an hour and by the time it was over, Tanner was exhausted. He fell asleep on the way home. It was such a fun swim. Chris and I celebrated by getting some ice cream. I'm so excited for summer to be here so we can have more days at the lake

4 comments:

  1. emily! i just love reading your blog. and seeing all the pictures. and i loved that video. you should do more of those bc it lets me see tanner's silly personality:)
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Emily!! Tanner is just too adorable! His laugh is just as sweet as sugar. Oh about the tubing, my mom had a "stroke" too-so dont worry about Nana she'll be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with, Sarah. Post more videos! I would love that!!! I'm glad you guys are having a fun beginning to summer. It got HOT here the last few days (out of the blue)... Now it's flooding in Salt Lake from all the snowmelt. It's crazy! It's too bad all the water around here is freezing; otherwise, I might want to go for a swim in the lakes here. Oh well. Tanner is so cute, and I'm happy that he loves the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanner is the cutest little boy ever!! I love how happy and smiley (and lets be honest, chubby) he is!!! Little Fish!

    ReplyDelete