Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Half Birthday to My Little Man!

We celebrated Tanner's 6 month birthday this past week. I can hardly believe he's so old. The time has really flown by. We had some family picture taken for his 6 month mark. Here are some of our favorites.
Tanner mastering how to sit up on his own

Who needs to crawl when you can just walk

Favorite Family pic


He is so much fun. He is a very friendly little boy and smiles at everyone. On Sundays I hardly get to hold him because he's being passed around so much. I don't even know who has him most of the time, since I'm in primary. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm grateful for all those who love and care for our little man.
Here are some of Tanner from this past Sunday. I just love to dress him up on Sundays.



Also this past week I got to work on some crafts. These are some of the things I worked. My friend Julie celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday and I got a package together for her. Since I'm so use to sewing baby projects, it took me a while to find something to do for an adult. I hope she liked her package, this is what I included.
I thought this hot pad and dish towel would bring some sunshine to her kitchen. She lives in Utah- and it seems like spring comes late there.



This is a ribbon flower on a hair pin. I love these, they make the perfect hair accent.

And I sent her a headband like one of these. I tried a few variations- these zipper flowers are so fun!



Happy quarter of a century to my brother Joseph too- he celebrated his 25th birthday on Sunday. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to convince them to move to Arkansas yet, so we couldn't celebrate with them. His wife is 12 weeks along now, and almost out of her first trimester. YAY! Hopefully she'll start feeling better soon. Yucky morning sickness!
Not a whole lot is going on in our lives right now, but there are still some big changes on the horizon. I just don't have anything definite to say right now.
I'm so ready for Spring- I seriously have spring fever and I'm already planning our first annual Easter Egg Hunt. I'm so excited. More details to come.
Here are some other pictures of Tanner from this past week- hope they bring a smile to your face, I know they did to mine.
This one is Tanner trying to roll over on his play gym. Usually he just rolls right over, but this time the big mirror that's attached to his play gym stopped him, and he couldn't figure out why he wasn't rolling over. It was so funny.

This is Tanner after lunch on Sunday. He was having naked time and then it was time for lunch so I just fed him in his diaper. It’s a good thing too, because for the first time Tanner grabbed the spoon and dumped the sweet potatoes and cereal all over his chest and face. This is how he looked by the end of lunch time.

Now don't worry, he's only gnawing on the rubber handle- I guess it just felt good on his gums. He loves this empty Tylenol bottle though. I didn't throw it away because every time I pull it out he gets excited to gnaw on it

These are Tanner's new pjs I picked up for him last week. I love the alligator on them. So cute!

This is Tanner taking a bath in the sink at Gram's house. He was a little too big to say the least, but he had a good time splashing around.

Tanner learning to use his sippy cup. He's doing dang good too! Although he does better when he gets to use the one with handles

Tanner getting kisses from his Nanny

This is Tanner's newest thing. This is how he snuggles. You just lean your head forward and he lays his forehead on your forehead. It is the cutest thing. He loves to give his new snuggles to everyone. Here is Tanner and Great-Grams snuggling.


Oh and I added a list of my future projects to the right side of my blog. Some of them I've finished and others I'm not sure I will ever get to. A girl can dream right? If you want to see the tutorials for them, just click on them- the link should take you to the right page.If you have any other ideas for me, comment on this post and let me know where to find them. I love to look at new crafts and future projects.

3 comments:

  1. Em thanks so much for putting up those other blogsites! I'm going to get started on the taggie blanket! :) We need to get together and just to an all day craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I HAVE to come out there. Pray for a huge fire on May 1st? Haha. Uhh, I mean........

    I love that last picture of Tanner with Great Grams. Can I take him home with me? :D

    Thanks so much again for the presents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree w/ Julie I love the picture of him and Mrs. Bettye!!!

    ReplyDelete