Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tanner's Quiet Books

I just finished Tanner's second quiet book and I thought I'd post the pictures.
Here is the cover for the new book. The button is actually velcro- I just loved the button.


The first page is the "Old MacDonald" page. Inside the barn there are three finger puppets, a pig, cow, and a chicken.


The second page is the parachutting kid. He can climb back into the plane too.

The third page is a treasure box. It has a padlock and key. I thought it'd be so cute to lock some fruit snack inside.



The fourth page is the "Monster Truck" and the tires come off so you can change them out.



The fifth page is Tanner's mailbox- it opens to recieve letters and the flag goes up and down when things get mailed. Tanner's mailbox is currently accepting postcards- 2 X 3 1/2 inches.


The sixth page is the "Build a Burger" page. The burger is on velcro so you can take off the toppings you don't want and build your perfect burger.


The seventh page is the "Rocketship" page. The rocketship follows a ribbon to the moon so its doesn't get lost in space.

The eighth and ninth pages are the race track pages. The mud puddle/oil spill, stop sign and flags can be moved around the track. The car races around the track and through the tunnel.


The tenth page is "You scream, I scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!" The differnet flavor scoops are on magnets so you can pick your flavors and the number of scoops.

The 11th page is a shapes matching page. The shapes are all snaps so you can mix-and-match until they fit.


Tanner's first quiet book I made was all based on scripture stories. Here are the pages from the first book.

The first page is "Noah's Ark". The ark unzips and there are a bunch of finger puppets inside.

The second page is the "temple" page. Its a puzzel that Tanner can take apart. The third page is the "Tree of Life" page. The "fruit" is magnetized and can be put into the fruit baskets.

The fourth page the "Tower of Babel" page. Tanner can intertwine the differnet strips. The fifth page is "Joseph and the coat of many colors" the colors velcro off so he can match them later.

The sixth page is the "moses in the bulrushes" page. Moses' basket can be tied. THe seventh page is "Peter fishing" . He can count the fish and put them in his net.

The eighth page is "david tends the sheep" He can count the sheep.

If you guys have any other ideas for quiet book pages, let me know. I love making these things. Someday when I have a little girl- I'll be making another one. I have a few really cute ideas for a girly quiet book- but I could always use more.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. You are ridiculous. Ridiculously talented! That was amazing!!! Jeez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that stuff would take me AT LEAST a year to finish! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!!! i will pay you to make one for brooklyn =)

    ReplyDelete