Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh the Joys of Teething...

I'm pretty sure Tanner is officially teething now. I have a new respect for mothers of babies who have colic! Tanner hardly ever cries... and these last 4 days it has been non-stop. I just feel so bad for the little guy. I've tried the homeopathic teething tablets- with no result, so I finally decided to give him some Tylenol. I guess you can say the little guy was exhausted because about half an hour after the Tylenol, he was dead asleep. He just gnaws on everything he can get his hands on. His little gums are red, but not swollen- so I'm not sure how long this will last. I really hope its not too much longer, its been so rough on the little man.

In other news, Tanner tried green beans this week and he tried sweet potatoes tonight at dinner. The green beans...well lets just say that it didn't go over well. He just gagged and gagged...it was sorta funny, but mostly just sad.


But tonight at dinner he gobbled up a whole serving of sweet potatoes. I guess he just wanted something more sweet. I think we'll try some carrots next, or maybe squash. I made a ton of baby food last week using my pressure cooker and food processor- so we're pretty set for a while. I just hope eventually he likes green beans because I have a ton in my freezer.

My Aunt Lynnette and Aunt Jan are in town right now too, so we've been spending a lot of time over at my parent's house this weekend. Tanner got so much attention at Church today- he is the most spoiled almost-6-month-old ever!!!
Tanner in his Sunday clothes today.

Silly Tanner


Here are few others of Tanner from the past week that just crack me up. He has such a blast in the tub each night, I really look forward to giving him his bath so I can see him splash around.


For dinner last night we all went out the the "Back Forty" and ate together. Tanner had been pretty fussy and didn't want to eat his green beans I'd packed or his cereal, so he was just playing with some toys and my straw from my drink. Then my food came and there was a pickle on the side and before I could stop Tanner he grabbed and shoved it in his mouth.

I thought he would get one taste of it and throw it on the floor, but he kept on sucking on it. He would make a sour face occasionally, but for the most part gnawing on the pickle was the best part of his night.
What kind of baby likes pickles? He's so weird right?

Tanner has also discovered that he loves his Aunt Laura's watch strap. He will gum that for half an hour before that gets boring.


He also found the animal train in his room this week and we've been having fun watching the train drive around his nursery. It drove past him and he decided he wanted to catch a ride, but instead the back end of the train came unhooked and Tanner was left behind while the front part kept moving. His little face was priceless at that point.

Tanner so confused over why the Train isn't moving with him...

Tanner's teething grin. I love it! And I love his fat little belly.


That's what is going on with us right now. Life is so much better now that Chris' test is over. There might be some big changes up ahead for us, but nothing definite yet. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, green beans are nasty, Tanner. And yum, yum, sweet potatoes! (My Mom said that was my favorite when I was a baby.)

    I love his little Sunday outfit! Such a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily it is okay that Tanner loves Pickles Rachel was the same way, still is she has to have them pretty much with anything. Lets just say she loves BBQs cause there are always pickles.

    ReplyDelete