Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Finally- SPRING IS HERE!!!!!
For the last 4 days the weather has been A-mazing! I can't even describe how happy the sunshine makes me. Tanner and I have gone for a walk almost everyday and he is really learning to love the outdoors. Chris was gone this past weekend for drill and when he got home on Sunday we took Tanner to the park, met some friends there and we all played.
It was so fun to watch Tanner explore his new enviornment. We first went for a walk on the trails they have around the park and Tanner slept through all of the walk.

He finally woke up when we met our friends at the playground.
This is Tanner just waking up from his nap and wanting to snuggle with me. He has really turned in to a cuddle bug.

I took Tanner down the slides and he didn't really register what was going on, but he smiled and humored me. I- of course- had Chris taking dozens of pictures. Here are a few of our favorites.
Tanner and I after our adventures on the slides

Such a happy kid!

Me and Tanner- bear on the slide. He didn't really know what to think- but he liked all the attention he got when we got to the bottom of the slide.

Tanner and his Dad at the park. I love my boys!


This is Tanner and his beloved rocks. He honestly spent about 20 minutes just playing with these rocks. He didn't try to eat them at all. He'd just pick them up and then drop them, and pick them up and drop them...

Even when I tried to pick him up--- he just leaned over to get the rocks again. MUST. HAVE. ROCKS!

Giving my sweet boy kisses

Tanner sitting with his Dad, gnawing on his fingers. This is pre-rock playing. Don't worry.


We played at the park for about 2 hours and I can't wait to go back. I want to see if the rocks are still captivating to Tanner or if it will be old news to him by then.
I've been getting to dress Tanner in alot of his summer clothes lately and that has been so fun. I just love his little fat legs in shorts.


More of Tanner in his overalls and floppy hat.

More summer clothes...Thanks Aunt Sarah!!!!


Also- I am working on another "busy book" or "quiet book" for Tanner for church. The first one I made was all based on scripture stories, but this one is just fun activities and boy stuff. I've been having so much fun making this one for him. The entire project is so overwhelming that I forget how much fun they are to make. I can't wait until he is old enough to actually get to use it. I realize it will probably be a few years until he actually uses them, but I have to make them now, while I still can- because I'm pretty sure once we have another baby, I really wont have time for these kinds of things. As it is, I only get to work on this "Busy Book" a couple hours each night, after Tanner goes to bed. So its taking a while.
But pictures are coming soon I promise. As soon as I finish- I'm going to JoAnn's this weekend to get the material for the cover and then I should be done. YAY!

Also- I altered some of my own clothes this week. I have about 3 long-sleeve shirts that the arms have shrunk too many times in the dryer and now the sleeves are too short- and I hate pulling them up- so i just cut off the sleeves and shortened them. I love my new shirts. It's so fun to feel like you have new clothes when you really didn't spend any money.
My old long sleeve shirts.

My new shirts. LOVE THEM!

I also took one of my sisters old sweaters and turned it into a sweater vest for Tanner. It was hard and its not perfect, but its my first time so I'm hoping I will get better.
My pattern and the big sweater....

His new sweater vest...


Chris has always been really helpful with Tanner, but as Tanner gets older its even more fun to watch the two of them together. I love to listen to the laughter coming from the bathroom during Tanner's bath- Chris and Tanner are both laughing so hard it makes me smile. Since Tanner is eating vegetable and fruit now, dinner time is alot more fun for him. Chris was helping out and feeding Tanner for me while I made dinner the other night, and when I looked up, this is what I found.

Probably not the best idea to let a 6 1/2 month old feed himself, but both Chris and Tanner were having such a good time, I couldn't say anything. Needless to say, I have to presoak all of Tanner's clothes now, because dinner time is so MESSY!


Tanner loves his swing so much. He is such a happy baby- I feel so blessed. Here is my happy boy in his swing.


I'm leaving on Friday for Relief Society Retreat with Tanner, my Mom and Grandma and thats exciting. I'm going to get to go to JoAnn's and spend my birthday money- so watch JoAnn's- HERE I COME

3 comments:

  1. Hello, chubby legs! Haha.
    Way to go on all your projects! I'm just barely starting some and having a hard time finding the time to do them in (and I don't have a baby!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily- seriously... you put me to shame.

    ReplyDelete