Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Week

Last week was ridiculously CRAZY!!! Awesome, but crazy!
Monday we celebrated my 23rd birthday and I had an amazing day. My sweet husband made me breakfast, then my sister Laura and I went out to lunch together. Her birthday was on that Wednesday, so we bought each other lunch. We ate SO MUCH sushi. We were both kind of sick after, but so worth it!
That evening Chris took me out to dinner while Laura watched Tanner. We ate at the new Thai place in town. It was delicious and we're excited to have a new yummy restaurant.
Chris gave me my birthday present the night before my birthday. He gave me a three-day getaway. We haven't set the dates yet, but we're thinking July. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle being away from Tanner for 3 days...but it will be fun. We're going to "Big Cedar Lodge" in Branson. They have horseback riding, jet skis, a spa, and lots of other stuff. Those are just a few of things I'm excited about. It was such a romantic gift- I love my sweet, thoughtful husband.
On Wednesday my Mom and I threw my sister Laura a surprise 18th birthday party. And it actually was a surprise. She had no idea. Since it was St. Patrick's day we had a green party. EVERYTHING was green and I mean EVERYTHING. We had a chocolate fountain with white chocolate dyed green, green punch, green cupcakes with rainbow toppers, guacamole, and a fruit rainbow to dip in the green chocolate. Anyways, it was a huge success!
Tanner got his birthday hat stuck on his face at Laura's party- and a good mom would have fixed it for him right away, but I couldn't stop laughing and grabbed my camera.
Yeah- don't judge, you know you would have done the same.

Laura and her friends at her surprise party. Oh and yes that is an awesome hat we got for her- it lights up and is AWESOME and really tacky! And her shirt says "tickle me for luck"

Laura's rainbow cupcakes. The rainbow was made of airheads that we sliced up and bent to resemble rainbows and we colored the frosting green.

Fruit rainbow

Table setting- minus the green chocolate fountain- I was so sad when I realized I didn't get any pictures of it. But use your imagination- it was awesome!

Laura, Mom, Dad and Tanner at her 18th birthday party.


Tuesday and Thursday I worked and Friday I took off because I was exhausted from my busy week. Now after a restful weekend, I'm ready to face the new week. Tomorrow Laura and I are heading to Springfield to find her a prom dress and I want to go to JoAnn's. So big day- hopefully Tanner will be a good shopper.
Here are some pictures from the past week.
Tanner in his new sweater vest- got it for $2.98 at Macy's. Score!


Tanner and I went to Laura's track meet last Thursday. It was a beautiful day and we busted out some more of Tanner's shorts. I love his little fat legs in shorts.
Aunt Laura and Tanner practicing his walking...

Sweet face in his floppy hat. He has such fair skin that whenever we go out in the sun I have to put a hat on the boy.

Tanner and his tongue. He recently re-discovered his tongue and now he shows it off to EVERYONE. Its really funny.


Tanner and I went to the park again this past week. We had a play date and once again Tanner was enthralled with the rocks. Unfortunately- he discovered the rocks could go in his mouth this time, so that was the end of sitting in the rocks.

Oh and this picture cracks me up. I was folding laundry and Tanner was on our bed and to make room for the clothes Chris put the laundry basket on top of Tanner. Priorities right? Anyways, It was too funny. Tanner didn't know what to think. He just laid their staring at us, like he was thinking- "GET ME OUT OF HERE"

And this is what happens when Tanner tries to stay awake for more than two hours at a time. I looked up to find Tanner like this in his highchair, trying to drink his bottle...


I love this kid. He makes me laugh and smile everyday. Everyday I have to work I just miss my time with Tanner. I mean seriously- falling asleep while sitting up and holding his bottle. SO FUNNY.

5 comments:

  1. i miss my baby!!
    these are way cute pictures, emily:)
    love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that's what happens when I try to stay up for more than two hours at a time.

    Looks like an awesome party, sorry I missed it. Happy birthday you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty hard to be a 7-month old baby. He leads a rough life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He really looks like a mini Chris in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very green post. Haha. I love it. I'm glad you had a good birthday week!

    ReplyDelete