Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Wonderland

We had our second big snow storm of the season. This has been a very unusual winter. We've had over a foot of snow so far and we're expecting more. Its crazy!
Once again, church was cancelled- which is awesome. Chris leaves today for his "series 7" class in St. Louis. He'll be gone until Thursday night. I've never been alone with Tanner for this long, so I'm not looking forward to having my hubby gone. However, my parents invited us over to stay with them until Chris gets home. So I think Tanner and I will head over there tonight, since I hate sleeping alone.
Tanner is going to miss hid Dad. He loves hanging out when Dad gets home from work and they can play.

Tanner and Dad hanging out and working on the computer.
We went to my parents house on Friday after the storm hit and played with my sister Laura and her friend Sam. We hooked a rope to our car and dragged them around in the field on the sled. It was really fun. Tanner loved sitting up front with us while we drove in the snow. Don't worry- we were only going about 10 mph. Then I got a turn to sled. It was so fun!!! I haven't been sledding from the back of a car in years. After we were thoroughly frozen we went inside and drank hot cocoa and watched a movie. Its been a very fun snowy weekend.

Tanner and mom getting ready to go play in the snow.

Tanner in his snowsuit all ready for the snow

Dad showing Tanner all the snow from the window of the car.

Tanner in his new hat from Aunt Julieta.

Getting ready to go sledding
We took Tanner into the doctor's office to get his measurements taken since he's five months now and he was 15.5 lbs and almost 25 inches. So he just a really chunky short baby. But we love all his fat rolls!

Fat boy sitting up tall.

Trying to roll onto his tummy. He gets to about halfway and then realizes he will be on his tummy and rolls back onto his back.

My big project for the week was making Tanner some ties for church. I found this great blog that had a really easy tutorial and so I got some ties from my Dad and from Chris and went to work. Here are some of Tanner's new ties.




But the biggest news of the week is .....drum roll..... I'm going to be an Aunt again! That's right, baby Drake is going to be making his/her big debut on Sept. 20th, 2010. My brother and his wife Julieta just found out they are going to be parents. She is 6 weeks along. I was so excited I literally jumped for joy when they told me.
So all-in-all- an awesome week. Now if I can just survive the next 5 days without my husband- we'll be doing good.

Just going to be Tanner and I- having fun together for 5 days.

7 comments:

  1. Emily,
    Sounds like you are having some fun times. I know how you are feeling about Chris leaving. Brian left for a week for work leaving me alone with Matthew, when he was still little. It was hard, but we made it through. Matthew was so cute when he got to see Brian again, it almost made it worth it. Can you send me the directions for those ties, they are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church was cancelled for us today... and by us, I mean just Jon and me! Haha. :D 9AM is just too hard. If it weren't for my YW calling, I would be inactive, I'm sure of it! Love ya! And YAY for Joseph and Julieta having a a baby and cute Tanner being chubby! I'm sure you'll be fine without Chris. You've got lots of help from your family, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I forgot- Joseph texted Jon's dad about becoming a daddy.... but he didn't have Joseph's number saved in his phone anymore. So Jon's parents thought that it was Jon that had texted them from another phone. Pretty funny! Susan was a little excited.... until Jon said it was Joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules- thats so funny- except kinda sad too. Poor Susan. Did she really think that you guys would tell her your pregnant through a text message. TOO FUNNY.
    Em, I'm trying to be brave, but I hate having Chris gone. Good luck on those ties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Julie! I'm totally with you- if I weren't in primary I would have bailed for sure today. I loved all the pictures, Tanner is adorable (especially that cute snow hat)! Why you would be excited about snow though, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its good you guys are having fun with all those cold days! It looks freezing and miserable to me. But any excuse to wear a cute little hat is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily I'm jealous of how cute Tanner is and also that you guys have so much awesome snow. I love that you said it was awesome that church got cancelled :P

    ReplyDelete