Saturday, January 9, 2010

All Grown Up

This week has flown by so fast I can hardly keep the days seperate in my head. Of course we hated seeing Chris go back to work after having a 5 day weekend, but Tanner and I had a blast playing together all week.


Tanner and Mom playing together in his nursery.


Tanner discovered his new favorite stuffed toy.














It's been so fun to have "Nanny and Papa" back. Those are my parents. They were in Mexico City for my brother's sealing and Tanner missed them. They brought him back this adorable hat. I just love it.


He actually didn't mind wearing it either.















Tanner has started "teething" and everything he can get his little hands on goes into his mouth. He hasn't been fussy at all or had any other "teething" symptoms, but he's sucking on his lips and chewing on my fingers really hard. He's been slobbering for a while, but theres been even more of that. Everyone who sees him asks me if he's teething. I'm convinced he is. Hopefully it won't be too long and painful for the little guy.
Also, Tanner has discovered that maybe, just maybe- cereal isn't all that bad. He chows it down now. Sometimes I can't get it in his mouth fast enough. He smiles really big as soon as it enters his mouth and then most of it falls back out, but hes really enjoying it. Which is so nice for me, because then its so much more fun to feed him.



This is what Tanner's face looks like most of the time when he eats cereal.



Aunt Laura brought Tanner back two really cute onsies from Disney World. This is one of them . It says "100% Awesome" on the bottom.






















Tanner playing with the hand puppets from his Aunt Stephanie. He loves to suck on them. And they of course went straight into his mouth- just like everything else.

After playing in his room for about an hour- Tanner loves to play- we took Tanner in for his first haircut.


He was such a good kid!






















finished product.


The next day- I almost didn't remember he had his haircut the next morning, so I was a little surprised to find all my baby's hair gone.





He sat so still and surprised me by how good he did. I had brought a bottle just in case, but he loved it. He was actually a little sad to have to give up the chair when his haircut was over.
So now I have a little man instead of my baby.
I miss his hair sometimes, but I love his new hairdo.






















Tanner also got to try out his new highchair.























He really is growing up too fast.
I can't get over it. I miss my baby already and he's only 4 1/2 months. What am I going to do?

7 comments:

  1. You and Chris make cute babies so HAVE ANOTHER ONE! I'm sure Papa and Nanna wont mind having another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a styling hair cut! i love a kid in a mohawk! I can't believe how smiley he is, so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- Tanya- we'll have another one someday, but for now we're just going to enjoy the one we have.
    Thanks Maren- I love your boys' hair too. Those Christmas pictures were too sweet.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new do. And the new blog layout. I can't believe he's teething already! He's so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy smokes that's the happiest baby ever.

    Yeah I feel like I missed out on a lot of the baby stuff being in France. So if you get started on another one now it should be about halfway baked by the time I get home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Christie- I feel like he is all grown up. So sad.
    But sorry David, I don't think we are going to be able to have another one halfway baked when you get back. You will just have to not go to France for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tanner is so happy! What a cute kid! I love the pics of his hair cut too. Crew was almost 2 before we even cut a hair! You are a sweet little mommy Em!

    ReplyDelete