Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine's Day Fun

We've been busy this week getting ready for Valentine's day. I decided to take advantage of the fact that the hubby was gone and get all my "secret" valentine's projects done. We missed Chris a lot, but I'm thrilled to have my Valentine's day gifts finished. For those of you who know me, know that Valentine's day is kinda a big deal to me. So anyways- if any of you ladies needs a good idea for a gift for your man, I will show you what I'm doing for Chris this year- feel free to copy it.
I've made Chris a candy bouquet and I'm making heart-shaped cinnamon rolls for the morning of. I'm so excited. We take turns planning valentines day- and this year it's Chris' turn. All I know is that he's taking me to this new really fancy, cozy place on the square for Dinner. We've got a sitter and I'm so excited for a romantic night out with him. Here is a picture of the candy bouquet and the heart shaped cinnamon rolls I'm going to make. I'm not doing anything really big, since its not my year- but I have to do something... or a few somethings.



Looks yummy huh? All you do is roll the dough the opposite direction that you usually would and then pinch the end. They're so cute.


Anyways, enough about Chris- This is what Tanner and I have been up to. He is the sweetest little cupid ever. He let me make him cupid wings, a quiver of arrows and bow, and he wore a cloth diaper. We took pictures of him as cupid to make Valentine's day cards with. I love how they turn out.

He was a really good sport- this is towards the end...he was so happy to be playing on his back instead of on his tummy.


I really liked this one...well i really like a lot of them...

This is my favorite and the one I decided to use for the Valentine's day cards

Then to finish the week off- I recovered the high chair at my parent's house. This high chair was given to them- and even though I'm all about free stuff- this one had dog hair all over the cover and I just couldn't handle it. So I decided to make a new cover for it.

This is what I started with....


And this is the finished product. Not perfect, but it will work- and I already had the material so it cost about 3 dollars to buy the bias tape and elastic. SO easy.



Well that's it for us this week. We're supposed to get more snow tonight, which means I'll probably be stuck inside...which is fine because I'm sure I can find more projects to busy myself with. Let me know if you have any good ideas.

6 comments:

  1. Really Valentine's day is a big deal to you??? Never would've guessed... Tip for the cinnamon rolls, don't make the dough the night before then set them in some fridge in just some plastic wrap... they might expand a bit much. ;-D awesome times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, I don't know how you do it. Do you have a desk for your machine that you keep it on? Because I don't, and I think that's why I only touch mine about once every three months. I bet when Tanner is in high school, he'll really appreciate all these pictures of him in costumes. Haha. :) He's a cute cupid though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there sweetie! cute cute pics he is adorable, come over to my blog to see why I need your vote! love ya tons tif and pass the word along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha- Christie those were good times. We were such awesome girlfriends back then.
    Jules I don't keep my machine out, it usually on my desk in the garage, and when i find a new project i want to do I bring it in and put in on my kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck? That's the cutest Valentine's Day card I've ever seen. Makes me wish I had a girlfriend so I could send her one. You're pretty good at this mommy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emily! Tanner-Man is soooooooo adorable!!! I love the photos! When I get the chance to come down we will have to do some sewing projects together! I'd LOVE IT!!! We sure miss you guys! Tell everyone I said hey and love them too- EXCEPT LOITZ-lol we joke like that I actually love him too!!!

    ReplyDelete