Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Our "FIRST Thanksgiving"

 Today we hosted our very own "First Thanksgiving" and it was so fun.
We invited the Fuhrimans and the Quales over and it was the perfect combination of friends.
Tanner had two friends his age, Bailey had two friends and Tucker had two friends and then of course there were the two babies.
All the kids came in costumes- either Native American or Pilgrim and they all looked so adorable. 
Once everyone arrived, we read a book about the first Thanksgiving. We learned a lot of cool details about the pilgrims and the Native Americans. The kids were pretty good listeners. 

Then we served dinner. I didn't get a picture of the food, but the kids really enjoyed it. We served an authentic "first thanksgiving" and it included: venison, clams, carrots, cabbage and potatoes, peas and cranberries. The kids surprisingly LOVED the clams. The big boys really loved the venison and the girls loved the cranberries. It was fun to hear what their favorites were and what they didn't like as much. Such a fun experience. 
Of course, we had to get a group shot of everyone in their cute costumes.
I seriously love everyone in their costumes. ADORABLE. 
And I got some of just my kids. 



I don't know if we will do this again next year, but it was a fun day with friends and we learned and experienced a lot. 
We have so much to be thankful for and I'm grateful for the time of the year and how it makes me focus on my blessings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment