Monday, May 14, 2018

Fishing Trip with Papa, Mother's Day & More

Chris, Tanner and Papa left bright and early Saturday morning for a guided fishing trip. 
This trip was Chris' Christmas present and the boys were finally getting to cash in on it. Tanner was pretty excited to be included. He got to go last year as well and so he knew what he was doing this time. 
They caught some huge rainbow trout and brown trout. 
Tanner reeled in more than anyone. Bill Friend was their guide and he always does such a great job. 
Look at those happy smiles. I love it!

While the big boys were all gone, Nanny and I took the rest of the kids to get snow cones and surprises at the Dollar Tree. 






The snow cone shop had this funny mirror outside it. The kids were cracking me up.
Look at those silly bodies and lots heads. 
Benson's picture cracks me up the most. 
When we got back from our adventures, Papa, Chris and Tanner were home.
We fed everyone lunch and then Nanny and I got to go get lunch together and get pedicures. We treated ourselves for Mother's day and it was so fun. We ate Thai food and laughed our way through our pedicures. It was seriously so nice to spend some time with my mom. I hardly ever get her to myself. 
When we got home from our fun afternoon together, I found Tanner and Bailey helping Papa clean out his shop. They were working so hard. It was kind of adorable. 

When they had finished, Papa and the kids played in the sprinkler and had a water balloon fight. 

The boys also got out the water guns and had the best time squirting Papa. 
I love watching my kids play with my Dad. Its one of my favorite things to see. 





I love these goofs so much!

After playing outside all evening, we had dinner on the back porch. Chris fried us some fish from their morning on the river and we had a delicious dinner and enjoyed the gorgeous evening. 
The kids especially enjoyed finishing the evening with rocket pops from Nanny. 

It would have been the perfect weekend if I hadn't gotten completely miserably sick Saturday night and all day Sunday. It was the worst Mother's day ever. Chris, like a champ, made an amazing breakfast for everyone, took the kids to church with my parents and then made an awesome dinner for everyone. 
This morning Chris left for annual training, and because I was to sick to drive us back to Centerton last night, we didn't get home until today. The kids had to miss school. And Tanner started throwing up Sunday night. I was in no condition to handle life, but Chris had to leave and I had to get us back to our life in NWA. So I drove the kids and I back this afternoon and now I'm beginning to feel better. Tanner only threw up once on the drive home, so that's an improvement. We are going to survive the next two weeks until Chris gets home somehow. We aren't off to a great start but we are going to figure it out. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment