Sunday, March 12, 2017

My 30th Birthday Surprise

So Friday night, my dear friends came and picked me up for a surprise birthday dinner. They look me to one of my favorite restaurants, "The Wooden Spoon". This place is seriously amazing and the company made it all the better. We talked and laughed and until we cried and enjoyed lots yummy food together for hours.
I love these girls! They are seriously the best!
Then after dinner was over, they whisked me away to a hotel for the night. Who says sleepovers are only for 12-year olds. April had checked in early and decorated the room and everyone contributed lots of yummy snacks. My friends are kind of the best!
We ate our desserts and snacks and laughed ourselves silly. The later it got, the sillier we were and soon we were laughing so hard we were crying. 
They all chipped in and got me the game "Watch yo Mouth" and we played it together and if our faces didn't look funny enough to cause hysteria, trying to talk with these mouth guards in, had us all cracking up. 




We've never looked so good!
After staying up until after 3 am, we finally decided to get some sleep.
We slept in until about 10 am the next morning and then we checked out of the hotel.
It was such a fun night but the fun wasn't over yet. We then went over to "Happy Nails" and we all got pedicures.
We followed pedicures with lunch at "Newk's". On the way to the restaurant it started snowing! Crazy weather- it's the middle of March and it was snowing!! So we enjoyed warm soups and sandwiches and a view of the snow falling outside. 
After a late lunch at "Newk's", we went over to Target to do a little shopping. We had so much fun trying on swimsuits and laughing together. 
After Target, we headed home. It was the most fun 24 hours and I'm so grateful for my amazing friends. I don't know how I got so lucky in the friends department, but these women make my life so great! This weekend was the perfect kickoff to my "birthday week". Stay tuned for that fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment