Sunday, March 19, 2017

My 30th Birthday Party

So last night I threw myself a big 30th Birthday bash. I told Chris that instead of presents this year I wanted to throw myself a big party. He happily agreed and let me go all out.
I figure the big 3-0 is a pretty good reason to throw a big party and since I love throwing parties, this was the perfect way for me to celebrate. I invited a bunch of my closest girlfriends over and we partied all night. 
I kinda love how it came together. The party had a "Kate Spade" inspiration and I love all the black and white stripes with the gold and and hot pink. So fun right??



The menu was basically an assortment of my favorite foods and none of them were healthy.
I served donuts- all my favorite kinds- custard filled long-johns, glazed and raspberry filled  glazed. Yum!
We also had cupcakes
And I made myself a big birthday cake. I love the topper- I found it at a local party store and knew I had to have it. 
I also served two different types of popcorn, white cheddar and zebra. 

I also catered some of it from Chick-fil-A. I had little cups with chicken strips and sauce packets and then I also had Chick-fil-A chocolate chunk cookies. Those cookies are my favorite!!!
For drinks I served "Strawberry Coladas" and Water because those are two of my favorite drinks. 

Here is a glimpse of the table settings. I had three tables set up, the other two had black and white striped tablecloths with pink runners. 
Here is a group picture in front of the food table. I love these girls! So glad they came to party with me!
Oh and here is a shot of us with our non-alcoholic strawberry coladas.  
Obviously those drinks do strange things to stay-at-home moms. Lol. 
We talked, laughed, played games and ate food until the wee hours of the morning. It was so much fun. I can hardly believe I'm 30 years old. I know that I should be. I'm pregnant with our fourth child and our oldest is turning 8 this year, so it's about time that I turn 30. But it's still weird to say.
I officially feel like an adult. Oh well- here's to staying young at heart! 


No comments:

Post a Comment