Monday, October 17, 2016

Deep Sea Fishing with the Big Boys

Yesterday Chris took Tanner on a deep sea fishing trip. Chris arranged this trip for his BOLC class and about half of his classmates came too. Tanner got to go with all the big boys and he felt so grown up. Chris said at first Tanner was super shy and wouldn't talk, but after a little while, he warmed up to everyone. The captain even let Tanner steer the boat. As in drive the boat. Chris said at one point, Tanner was at the steering wheel and the captain was helping someone with their fishing line and he said "Tanner, take the boat over there for me" and Tanner got to steer the boat in the direction the captain pointed. WHAT??? My kid just drove a boat at sea. I know it wasn't that big of a deal since there weren't any boats around them or land, but I was shocked. 
Tanner loved the responsibility.
He got to help lots of the guys reel in their lines and had so much fun. He was everyone's little buddy. I'm so glad Chris insisted on taking Tanner. It was such a fun day for them and one Tanner won't soon forget.
How is my boy getting so big? What a fun day for Daddy and Tanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment