Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tanner's First Day of First Grade

Today was also Tanner's first day of First Grade. It literally seems like just yesterday that I was taking this boy to his first day of Kindergarten. Now here we are, a year later, starting a new adventure.
Tanner was pretty nervous about starting first grade at a new school. He misses his friends, his old school and teachers. But after meeting his new teacher, Mrs. Lowe, at the open house, he felt better. He made sure to ask her about recess. He was convinced that first graders only do tests and homework and they don't get to play at all. When she told him they have two recesses every day, he smiled so big. He left for school this morning feeling much better. 
Here are some of Tanner's back to school pictures. I love this boy. He's grown up this year and is such a sweet boy. 


Seriously? This boy! He's the best little boy!


He was so excited for his R2-D2 backpack. 
And here is Tanner in his "shirt to grow with". He looks bigger this year. Compared to his Kindergarten picture, he has definitely gotten taller. 
Here is a comparison of Tanner from his kindergarten picture. So crazy right?
Here are my sweet kids off to school. Tanner loves his new lunchbox. 
As I said, the kids are both going to South Elementary for the next two months.
Tanner's teacher seems great. A little strict, but young and creative. I think she will be great fit for Tanner. 
After dropping Bailey off at her classroom, Tucker and I walked Tanner to his new classroom. He found his desk and settled right in. He didn't seem at all nervous and it helped me feel better at leaving him. 

He's such a sweet boy. I hope he has a great first day. I'm fully expecting a full report when I pick him up after school. Can't wait!

Happy first day of school to both my babies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment