Thursday, September 1, 2016

Kindergarten Kickoff

Yesterday I was able to host a little kindergarten kickoff for Bailey. We did this last year for Tanner and a few of his friends who were starting Kindergarten and it was so much fun. I didn't want Bailey to miss out on the fun just because we weren't living at home. So we found a couple friends who are also starting kindergarten and threw together a fun morning for the kids.
The theme was "A Teddy Picnic for Kindergarten Cubs" and I love how it turned out. 
Here was the table set up. We had the picnic at one of the parks on base and it worked out nicely. 
I got there early and got everything set up. One of the other moms helped out and brought the sandwiches and cookies. We completed the meal with watermelon, chips and lemonade. It came together pretty cute. 



We also had these cute little favor boxes with teddy grahams inside.


Bailey loved how everything looked and couldn't wait for her friends to arrive. 
We actually ate our lunches on a picnic blanket under the trees because it was too hot to eat without shade. 
Here's a group shot. We had three little kindergarten cubs and then the siblings. It was so fun. The kids ate their lunches up and then played on the playground together. 
These boys were happy to be included in the fun 
Here are a couple shots of the cute kindergartners. On the left is Gabe Simmons, a friend from our ward here at Fort Lee. Then on the right side of Bailey is Jade Jones, a friend we made at the splash pad. The girls loved that they had matching princess bears to bring to the picnic. 

And here is my sweet kindergarten girl. I seriously cannot believe this is happening.
I knew it would. It's the main reason we moved with Chris to VA. Bailey couldn't start kindergarten in Arkansa because the cutoff date is August 1st. Bailey's birthday is August 3rd. She was going to have to wait an entire year to start in Arkansas. But in Virginia the cutoff date for kindergarten is September 30th. So Bailey gets to start kindergarten here and then transfer when we move back home. It really worked out well. 

But even knowing this was going to happen, I'm still not sure I'm ready for my baby girl to go to school all day everyday. I know she will love it. She's so bright and eager to learn, I just worry.
But she's so excited, it's making me feel a little more confident too. 

So our kindergarten kickoff went amazing. The kids all had a great time and now this sweet girl is off to join the academic world of kindergarten. Tanner is starting first grade and has been so sweet in offering Bailey advice about what to expect in Kindergarten. Bailey hangs on his every word and it cracks me up. I'm excited to watch those two start school together and become even better friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment