Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pedal Boats in Richmond

This morning we loaded up, grabbed some donuts and drove up to Richmond.
We drove over to fountain lake and played there. Chris had given the kids glider planes this morning and they were eager to try them out in an open space. Believe it or not, our hotel room doesn't allow for much room to fly planes.
The kids had a great time flying their planes around. Tucker mostly flew his by hand and made cute engine noises the whole time. Tanner was a pro at flying his and we enjoyed watching his do flips in the air. Bailey just threw hers by hand because she couldn't figure out the launcher and was too stubborn to ask for help. 


Chris probably had just as much fun as the kids.

I'm a big fan of Tanner's concentration face. Biting his lip or sticking his tongue out- pretty cute. 
Then we walked over to the boat rental place at the lake and rented a pedal boat.
Tucker through a massive fit when we got on the boat. I was a little scared he was going to squirm out of my arms into the water, but once we started pedaling and the boat started moving, he calmed down and smiled so much. 
The park employee attempted to take a picture for me, but right as he hit the button a plane flew overhead and distracted half of us. Not our best effort. 
These two champs sat in the back. 
We pedaled out to the fountain in the middle of the lake. I tried not to think about how dirty the water probably was as the fountain sprayed us. It was pretty warm, so the water felt nice, but also made me feel like I need a shower afterward. 





Halfway through, I switched places with Tanner because he wanted a turn pedaling. I love the pics of Daddy and Tucker navigating the waters together. So cute. 


And we took one selfie- or is this considered an "usie"- I don't know, I'm not cool enough for this stuff. 
We had lots of fun pedal boating and Tucker was very upset when it was time to return the boat. 
After our exciting morning on the lake, we drove over to "Cafe Rio" for lunch and enjoyed that deliciousness. I'm going to miss the easy access to Cafe Rio  when we move home.

Then we headed home for a quiet afternoon and evening. We are all still a little tired from our big labor day weekend and the kids starting school- so this was the perfect short activity for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment