Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Tanner's 7th Birthday- A Lego Party

 How is this possible? How is my first baby 7 years old? It's kind of breaking my heart.
He's such a sweet, tender little boy. He's a great big brother and loves to help mom and dad with anything and everything. 
Tanner's birthday fell on a Wednesday this year. This worked out nicely because it was also the first storytime at the library on base. So this morning we got ready and went to storytime. Tanner's good little buddy was there and they had a great time chatting and working on the storytime craft together. 
After storytime, we went and got Tanner his favorite lunch. SUSHI!!!
This boy loves his sushi!

He's so funny. After lunch, everyone laid down for naps and quiet time.
After naps we  played and waited for Dad to get home. Then  we ate dinner at the cafeteria. Well Chris took Tanner to get a burger because that was what he had requested for his birthday dinner, but the rest of us ate dinner at the cafeteria
.
Then we had a little family party for our big seven year old. This year was a "small party" year anyways, so it was a good year to be away from all our family and friends. Tanner didn't seem to care that the party was just for us.  It was definitely a small party, since we are living in a hotel room but Tanner loved it!







These lego man marshmallow pops were a labor of love. The chocolate did not want to stay soft and with limited counter space, it was a challenge to get them to harden and be smooth.
But Tanner loved these babies so it was worth it.



This boy loved his cake. Because I don't have an oven in the hotel room, we ordered a white cake from the bakery. Then I melted down different colored melting chips and poured them into silicone lego molds to make the legos. Tanner absolutely loved how the cake turned out. 
I also used the lego molds to make some lego men. He thought the big lego guy was pretty cool. 
This party was definitely harder than I had expected, just because I was so limited on space. Preparations took longer but Tanner was so thrilled with the whole setup that it was completely worth it. I sure love my sweet Tanner bear. 
He opened his presents and then we had cake. 
Tanner was so cute about making sure he made his wish. 

After cake and ice cream, we went outside to play on the playground. We also called some family to face time. We have terrible cell reception in our room so we have to go outside to make phone calls.
When I tucked Tanner into his bed tonight, he hugged me and whispered "Thank you for making this the best day ever. I loved my party".

And that my friends is why I do it. Those sweet words and loves from my boy make everything worthwhile. Happy birthday to the sweetest seven year old ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment