Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Visiting Mountain Home

The kids and I drove over to Mountain Home on Thursday. Uncle David was home for a visit and we wanted to see him and spent some time with him. And we had Bailey's princess tea party on Saturday.
It took us 4 hours to get to MH. Usually we can do it in 3, including potty breaks, but with Tucker it takes longer. But I just kept telling myself that we weren't in a hurry and I needed to be patient. The kids were really good, it just took us longer than usual.  
My kids were so excited to see Uncle David. It doesn't really matter how long it is between visits, the moment Uncle David walks into the room, my kids fall in love with him all over again.
I'm so glad they enjoy him so much. 
I have this theory about being a parent versus being an aunt or uncle. I think you can be a fun aunt or uncle until you have your own kids. Then you flip a switch and you are no longer the fun aunt or uncle anymore. Unfortunately for me, I had the first baby between my siblings so I never got to be a fun aunt.
Luckily for my kids, my brother David doesn't have any kids so he's lots of fun still. 
Thursday night we just hung out with Uncle David, Nanny and Papa. It was nice and relaxing and the kids loved being at Nanny and Papa's house. They really enjoyed playing "cushion bugs" with Uncle David. Pretty much they just played in the couch cushions and hid from me. But everything is more fun with Uncle David. 

Friday morning, my dear friend Adrian came over to visit while their car was getting fixed at the shop. She has three sweet little girls. She has twin 2 year olds and a brand new 2 month old baby girl. It's so fun having kids the same ages. It was fun to see them playing together. 
Check out little miss Kamryn and Tucker hanging out together. How cute are they?

Tucker was a bit thicker than Kam. He's just getting so chubby!
Oh this face. He melts me. 
The big kids really enjoyed the bounce house. 
And the ball pit was also a hit. Yes, all four kids are in there playing!
We had to snap one picture of all the kids together. Six kids ages 4 and under. So crazy!
Adrian and her family stayed until that evening, when their car was finished. The kids were so good together all day. We were sad to see them go, but we are going to try to visit them in Pensacola once they get settled. 

Saturday morning was Bailey's princess tea party. Tanner went with Papa to Lowe's and then he went over to his cousin's house until nap time. Tucker came with Bailey, Nanny and I to the tea party. 
After the tea party was over we ate lunch and then all the kids went down for naps. 
We just hung out that evening and played with Joseph and his family.
Tucker really enjoyed his new swing. 
Tanner wanted me to take this picture of them on Sunday morning. He loved that Tucker was wearing a matching sleeper with him. These kids sure adore their little "Tucker-bear"
Matching sleepers. 
Sunday we went to church and then home for naps. That evening Nanny made a big ham dinner. It was so yummy. Then it was play time with Papa. These boys love to wrestle!


Bailey is more of a lover than a fighter!
Even Tucker got in on the wrestling action. 
But ultimately, he decided he enjoyed hanging out with Nanny and watching his crazy siblings and cousins more. 
Oh and we snagged a quick picture of Nanny and Papa with all my kids. 
Then more play time with Papa. 

And these two guys bonded this weekend too. Tucker joined "team Uncle David" and was totally content hanging out with him. So funny. 

Monday morning we got up and got packed. The kids played for a while and then we ate an early lunch. Then it was time to say good-bye. We loaded up and started the 3 hour drive back to Centerton. The kids rocked the drive home and we made it home without having to stop. So wonderful.
Now we have 5 days until Daddy gets home! YAY! Wish us luck. We can do it!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment