Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tanner's Star Wars party- 4th Birthday

Last night we celebrated Tanner's 4th Birthday. I can hardly believe I have a 4-year old. I'm sure that with each passing year, I will feel this way, but really- it's insane.
Tanner requested a "Star Wars" party this year. I knew this party was coming, since my little man has been obsessed with "Star Wars" for a while now.
This year was our "small party" year which made it easy for me. I could have easily gone overboard with this party, but knowing it was a small party year, helped me stay in check.
Here's the finished product.

 
 
For the food, we kept it super simple. We drank "Yoda Soda" for our beverage
And then "Han Burgers" for dinner.
 
 
I did make these little "R2-D2" cups for everyone to drink out of. Tanner flipped over these cups. He absolutely loved them!
 
Oh and the cake. I made this cake for Tanner. He told me he wanted a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. So that's what we did. I rolled out some black fondant and then cut out the letters and stars to decorate. I love how it turned out. More important, Tanner LOVED it!
Here is a picture of Tanner and I with his cake. He was so cute and gave me a big huge an thanked me for his cake.
When we sang, we lit these awesome light saber candles.
 
 
Oh and we grabbed a few family pictures.
 
 
Tanner got this awesome card from Mimi, when he opened it, it sang the "Darth Vader" theme song. Tanner loved this card so much!
Pretty much Tanner had the best birthday ever. He loved every single present he got!
Thank you to everyone for making this boy's day so special!
 
When I say he loved his presents, I mean he was so excited he couldn't sleep. He literally didn't fall asleep until almost 11 pm last night. He just kept sneaking out of bed to play with his new toys.
It was hard to get mad because he was just so dang happy.
Happy birthday to my sweet little man! You bring so much laughter and happiness into our home. There isn't a day that goes by that Tanner doesn't make me laugh. He's a wonderful, loving big brother and he's Daddy's buddy. We are so happy Tanner is in our family!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment