Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Miss Bailey turns 2!

I can hardly believe my baby girl is two years old. It's insane.
Her birthday was on Saturday, Aug 3rd and we were had her party in Mtn. Home at my parent's house since we were home for Chris' drill weekend anyways..
She spent the first half of her birthday telling everyone, "I two years old" - it was pretty adorable.
We woke up on Saturday morning to a huge thunderstorm.
Bailey and I made a quick donut run. She was so excited to have her own little bag of donut holes.
Then we just play inside and hung out until the rain cleared out.
Eventually we got ready for the big party.
Doesn't Bailey look adorable in her special Minnie Mouse Birthday dress?





 
Now onto the decorations. This was my "small party" year. So there were no favors, games or side foods. Just cupcakes, punch and hot dogs. But I love how our little party came together.
I think the clear balloons with the white polka dots were my favorite.


And the little pennant banner was kind of fun too.
Thanks to my sisters for their help decorating. You two made my life so much easier!
 
Now, the food. Like I said it was a low stress year. Regardless, these cupcakes were the most stressful part of the party. haha. I suck at frosting cupcakes so this took me a long time. But I love how they turned out and so did Bailey.

Easy peasy berry limeade
And the biggest purchase for the party was this adorable old fashioned hot dog roller. You can't have a "Mickey and Minnie Mouse" party without the "Hot Diggity Dogs"
Well- for the adults we had cheddar brats. So good!
 
Bailey with her birthday cupcake. She was so cute. She devoured it.
 
Then we opened presents and it was so fun to see her little face as she opened each present. She was so excited. She adored all her gifts!!!
Some of her favorite gifts...
 
And of course, I had to make sure we got a family picture with our ears.
 
Bailey loved her party so much. She was one happy kid. I love planning parties but seeing how excited Bailey was for her Mickey & Minnie Mouse party made it even more fun.
 
It still seems unreal that my baby is 2. When Tanner was two we already had a newborn...it just so crazy. My two kids keep me pretty busy, I don't know how moms of 3-children do it.
Most days, I really really enjoy my kids. We have so much fun together and I can't imagine doing anything else. Other days it's super hard and I feel like crying (or I do cry) but it's still worth it.
My kids are my heart and soul.
 
Bailey brings such happiness to our home. She is one stubborn and determined little girl but she is also sweet, sensitive, snuggly and hysterical. The things that come out of her mouth are so funny. She's talking so much and it's so fun.
We are so grateful to have her in our little family.
Happy Birthday Miss Bailey Joyce!

No comments:

Post a Comment