Monday, June 3, 2013

While Dad is Away- Weeks 1 & 2

Chris started his new job on Monday, May 20th. He's now working at SAM's club corporate office.  He left for the first week and the kids and I stayed at our house in Gassville.
My motto: "One day at a time".
Like most mothers/wives, I like having my husband home in the evening. I like knowing there are reinforcements on the way. But I also like knowing we have a solid paycheck and can pay our bills.
So with that being said, we agreed the kids and I would stay while Chris worked in Bentonville and he would come home on the weekends- until we move on July 1st.
Of course the second night after Chris left, we were under a tornado watch. So we headed over to my parent's house because they have a basement.
You know what Nanny and Papa also have? A jacuzzi!!
Party in the jacuzzi tub! The kids loved it!




Followed by s'mores. (which in hindsight, we should have eaten before baths...)
YUMMY!
The next day we met some friends at Pizza Hut for a lunch date. So fun. And I'm not going to lie, I love "Pizza Hut" pizza.
Day after that we went to story time at the library and we also ended up going to the park.

On Thursday we met more friends at the park here in Gassville. It was such a beautiful morning and the kids had a great time!
This is totally normal, right???
 
Then on Friday, Chris surprised us by coming home early. We went to dinner with him and that weekend it was memorial day. It was so nice to have him home. We missed him like crazy!!!
 
Of course, Tuesday morning he had to leave to go back to work. So we were back to our life without Daddy.
We spend Tuesday cleaning and doing laundry, just trying to get caught up on life. Unfortunately, Chris' car wouldn't start on Tuesday morning, so he took my car down to Bentonville. That left us car-less and stuck at home all week. Oh well. We decided we would make the most of it.
On Wednesday we busted out the slip-n-slide.



Followed by ice cream bars...
Thursday we were back under another tornado watch, so we went back to Nanny and Papa's house.
Luckily, Papa and I busted out the "Blue Track". It's this cool curvy track that loops and can be adjusted. Tanner loved racing his "Lightening McClean" (Lightening McQueen) car.

The next morning it was Friday and we headed back to our house. It was rainy and more storms were on the way. We stayed inside and made candy necklaces and then watched Tanner's favorite movie "Rise of the Guardians". The kids loved their necklaces. It was a pretty fun morning!


Chris got home Friday night, but the next morning he had drill. He left early for Marshall, AR. And with it still raining, the kids and I were stuck inside again. At this point I was running out of inside play ideas, so we resorted to making "Oobleck".
This was such a hit. Also this was such a MESS!!!
I pretty much mopped my whole floor afterwards.


 
Anyways, Chris left Sunday morning for Annual Training for two weeks. So look forward to more pictures of us playing and trying to survive without Daddy!!!
"ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment