Sunday, June 30, 2013

Red, White and Blue Festival

Last night we went to the "Red, White and Blue Festival" at the ASU campus. Every year the college puts on a great little festival with lots of activities for kids, a rodeo, 5K, and music. It's great!
 It was really fun but the weather made it so much more enjoyable that normal. Usually this time of year it's in the upper 90's. Last night it was 75 degrees and gorgeous!
We got the kids are dressed in their patriotic attire and I even curled Bailey's hair.
Doesn't it look darling?
She loved her curls and kept saying "look at me!!!"
Right before we left for the festival.

I couldn't believe how crowded it was. I guess because the weather was so nice, the entire town decided to come to the festival. The lines were long for the pony ride, but Bailey was so excited to ride the "horsey" that we had to do it.
Once she actually got on the horse she was totally serious and held on so tight. But she loved it. After her turn was over she started crying "my pony. my turn." She was so sad to get off the pony.

 While Bailey and I waited in line for the pony rides, Tanner and Daddy waited in line for the huge blow up slide. He loved it.
Then we got in line to ride the toddler train.
Here are a couple of cutie-pie shots of the kids while we waited in line.
At the last minute Tanner decided he didn't want to ride, so it was just Bailey and I on the train.

Then we went and got the kids each a balloon. They loved their balloons- they are so easily entertained.
 
After that we bought a bag of kettle corn (which was so delicious!!!) and settled onto our blanket to watch the firework show.
I love this shot of Tanner and Daddy all cuddled up to watch the show.
Here are a couple family shots, right before the show started.

Oh and this is one of my favorites from the night.
This was Bailey's face when the fireworks started going off. She loved it!
Right before the fireworks started, Nanny, Papa and Aunt Laura showed up. Tanner was so excited to sit with them in his camp chair and watch the fireworks.
He kept saying "That was awesome!!!"
I love that kid's enthusiasm.
We weren't sure if Tanner would be ok with the loud noises from the fireworks, so my parents brought him these noise-cancelling headphones. He looked so hysterical wearing them.
He didn't wear them the whole time, just took them on and off. It was so funny.
 
ASU always does such an amazing show. We love going their fireworks and plan on coming home for this event each year after we move.
Here are few cool shots of the fireworks.
 
 
I can't get over how wonderful the weather was and it made for such a great night.
I love this time of the year and I'm going to miss these small town celebrations once we move.
We are looking forward to the 4th of July  this week and have a lot of fun stuff planned.
Stay tuned for more pictures!



No comments:

Post a Comment