Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend with Daddy

Chris was able to get off work a couple hours early on Friday and so he surprised us by arriving home way earlier than expected. Early enough that we were able to kick off our 3-day weekend by going out to eat with Nanny, Papa and Uncle Joe.
On Saturday I got to sleep in while my awesome husband took care of the kids. It was so fun to wake up to noises from them playing happily together as opposed to kids crying or yelling.
We had a nice big breakfast and then just hung out together all morning
That evening we headed over to the lake for a firework show. We had to get there really early to ensure we got a parking spot, so the kids played for about 3 hours. We met some friends at the park and hung out while we waited for it to get dark.
 
 


Love this picture of my sweet husband and our baby girl (who isn't so much a baby anymore)
Family picture- Memorial Day 2013
Then as it finally got dark, we busted out the glowsticks and waited for the firework show to begin.
Tanner and Bailey loved having the glowsticks to play with.  

 
 
Then we had a nice relaxing Sunday, during which I was able to take a 3-hour nap.
SO blissful.
 
Then on Monday we enjoyed another nice day at home together.
We did take Bailey to get her first haircut (post on that later) and then we grabbed some corn dogs and drove through a car wash with the kiddos. Tanner loved it, Bailey wasn't a huge fan.
 
Then we went home for naps. After the kids had taken nice long naps, we headed over to my parents' house to play. Papa set up his awesome slip-n-slide and the kids had a blast!
They didn't care at all that the water was freezing.
Tanner really liked being pulled down the slip-n-slide.
But I think his favorite was just running and sliding.
Check out these awesome actions shots.
Yep, my kid is awesome.



Bailey wasn't really sure what she thought.
She mostly just liked crawling on the slip-n-slide.
So I ended up sitting her on my lap and then Papa pulled us down the slip-n-slide.
She loved this so much! We did it about 5 times and I must say, my butt was so tender afterwards.
Here is a full shot of our "redneck slip-n-slide". It was such a blast.
 
I couldn't resist this picture. Bailey walking around with her towel like she's so big.
Oh and Tanner loved having his own "orange soda".
He was so cute.
Next came dinner and then dessert.
As you can see, Bailey was a fan of the cake. She was literally licking her plate.
Then we ended the evening with some little fireworks.
The kids really liked the ones you throw on the ground and they pop. We call them "poppers". They were a big hit.
Then we did "Roman Candles". Don't my kids look so big? I can' handle how fast they are growing up.
Then we ended the night with sparklers. Tanner didn't hesitate and started doing a little sparklers dance. so funny. Bailey was just thrilled she got to hold it by herself.  
 
All-in-all, we had a great weekend with Dad. It will be hard to see him leave in the morning to head back to Bentonville. But we are going over there soon to start looking for houses, so it won't be quite as hard as last week.
 
Happy Memorial day to everyone. I'm so grateful for the men (like my amazing husband) and the women who serve our country. I'm grateful for those who keep us safe so we are able to celebrate and spend time together.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun holiday! I'm loving all the pictures:)

    ReplyDelete